SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

What colour lights should these have please, to look most contemporary for 1996?
You have two choices:

1) cool white
2) warm white

Thanks!

Keith

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Here's one that I did earlier .......... :)

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
The one thing that I have changed in my methodology is to us CS-HYPO cement instead of hot glue to secure things in place. The big plus-points in using it are that it does not fog clear plastic and it sets without becoming rock hard which also means it can be more easily removed if necessary. It also looks much neater that H-G.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I do have some GS-Hypo cement, (presumably this is what you mean), but I cant get on with it. It never seems to set as well, even after cleaning the joint area with IPA. Then there is that fiddly nozzle pin that I dont like. Yes, it most often looks better than hot glue, but I usually trim any extended blobs of HG off with a scalpel anyway.

Its the same with fixing boards into cars. I know HG can make a terrible mess, a point that you frequently make. It needs to be applied very carefully, using the minimum amount necessary, and with a decent quality gun. However any HG joint washed over with a few drops of meths will be almost instantly release and come off cleanly in one piece, leaving no need for further cleaning at all to the board, components or car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts