SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,167 Posts
I've decided I need some Porsches in my rally car collection. Currently, I'm into Ninco's produce but I bought one of their 911s (the "Rothmans" Rally 1984 version) and punted it straight on again without taking it off the plinth. It looks like it's on stilts!
I couldn't be bothered to open it up to see if there is any way the body can be dropped further onto the chassis.

So, what rally Porsches do you recommend, please?

Currently on my list I have the Ninco 996 (50256) and 997 (50538), and the Fly (88261, 88278, 88170 or 88343). TBH, I'm wary of the Fly offerings as the only Fly model I have at the moment (BMW E30) doesn't handle at all how I would like it to - but that may have something to do with the front-mounted motor.

TIA.

· Registered
3,167 Posts
Thank you, everyone, for the input so far.

QUOTE (Slots-O-Fun @ 16 Mar 2012, 12:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>While not a 911.... I should have explained myself a bit better. I meant "911-type". 911, 934, 996, 997. Ideally, I'd like one of each.

QUOTE (Slots-O-Fun @ 16 Mar 2012, 12:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you want authenticity or performance? Authenticity, as in high-detail, is the top priority. Going back briefly to the 911 I sold to Tifosi; that car may drive nicely, but the reason I never even took it off the plinth was that it just didn't look right. (TBH as soon as I put the bid on it I was praying that someone would out-bid me, that's why I moved it straight on again)
As for performance; I'm not after out-and-out speed. Good handling is a definite requirement; a car that, when on the limit, will drift round Sport R1s and R2s at a reasonable speed without de-slotting every few feet. Strong rear-mounted mags are a no-no unless they are easily removable. A front/mid-mounted mag, like in the Ninco WRC cars, seems to suit my track and driving style nicely - it keeps the guide in the slot without reducing the drift potential.

BTW, my track is mostly Scalextric Sport but with a smattering of classic and an SCX Rally Chrono pack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.