Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

among a lot of gt-class starters in le mans ´71 you can find this 911s, driven by -waldegaard/cheneviere, finished 13th.position.
the model was built up from a -fly-standard porsche 911; it´s a repaint based on a totally stripped body.
all decals ( exept some badges like -esso-,-cibie- ) are made by me.
the model has ( as all my models have) a lighting/brake function taken from -overdrive-.

best regards

claus

·
Registered
221 Posts
Fantastic work Claus!

From the neat and tidy wiring, correct colour led lights, but most astounding is the thin red line ...... excellent decals! I really like the livery too.

·
Registered
417 Posts
@ choc-ice : i also like the -heckmotor- position ! the handling is like the original. up to a certain moment -neutral - but then fast drift begins directly.

a real 911 ( in particular those from start of production to the 90th.) is no car for beginners !!
as i mentioned -speed and lap time- as absolute datas are not my first interest -otherwise a rear motorposition is nonsense -.
i can report that the -fly-porsches are comparible in lap-time to those front-motorpositioned models.

the front lighting is a 3mm (diameter) led with warm-light look. ( no xenon look! ) in the seventies car-lighting looks like this.
-overdrive- ( www. slotservice.com ) offers some different typs of leds.

@ driver#8: the porsche runs without magnet !!! to get a usable handling you have to add weight (fine lead pieces.)
positioned lateral/around the pick-up- in the front. unfortunately i do not remember well how much weight i have added.
i quess minimum 10 g. weight of the model is 82 g in total, with driver !

kind regards from munich

claus

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
very nice looking car and great detail!! nitpicker as I am..........the rear wheel needs an 5th wheelnut
just kidding man, this car looks great!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi , FZSsemans alias peter,

you are right, and no problem at all about your so called -nitpicking-. don´t worry.

as well as the rims by -fuchs- or -minilite- ( front or rear, in that size!!) need 5 wheel bolts for fixing correctly.
just have a look at the website: www. minilite.de
to alter the construction now is a little bit difficult. the existing inserts are bonded well into the hub...........

kind regards

claus

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello all,

@ petrL : front as well as rear the -fly- minilite- insert is wrong.........

another 911s from the le mans race 71´. the same -problem- with the missing 5th bolt at the - minilite - rims rear axle.
....but even with 4 bolts they are running very well...........

kind regards

claus

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
QUOTE (luke1989 @ 5 Jun 2011, 20:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no man he should keep the fusches on there and get rid of the minilites!!! minilites dont suit german cars atall!!!

my thought exactly, but in the 1971 version of the 911 they used them. dunno why. probably a size matter

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello all, good morning

they use the -minilte- rims because larger (in diameter) brakediscs could be used.

here is a picture from the porsche #42 :

from: 24 heures du mans, moity/teissedre volume 2, page 134

the -fly-model showes the right position for the -minilite - rim at the frontaxle. it should not be changed. (.....but wrong number of bolts.....)

regards

claus

1 - 17 of 17 Posts