SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked the famous “Pink Pig” or “Le Cochon Rose” , thought of making one with a Slot it white kit but then realized that the measurements were different and it just won’t work.

I also thought about buying the LM release, but USD$189+ taxes and shipping it just is a little too expensive , moreover if I run the risk of not getting the goods due to the shipping problems of the Covid era.

So, I was really lucky to find the @chappyman66 (great file mate btw😀) 3dp file in Cults so I downloaded it and printed it in resin for a smooth surface. My friend Mike Pérez painted it for me as I didn’t have the palid rose color at hand, but I did paint the motor and lights using some images from the web as reference.
Fluid Gas Rectangle Plastic Electric blue

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Fender

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Toy Mode of transport

As you can see, I added a little race effect, as it would be in Lemans😀
Rectangle Wood Font Gas Bag

Then applied a coat of clear urethane with the airbrush and after it dryed applied the decals which were home made. This is the result after all the decals , it really looks promising and I can’t wait to finish the windshield and all the accessories of the body to put a chasis and race it!
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Textile Automotive lighting Bumper
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Bumper Rectangle Font Automotive exterior

Maybe it’s not perfect but I have spent around USD$21 bucks+$4 from the file! So at this price I think it’s unbeatable the 3dp option.

Will update as soon as posible , hope you all like it.😀

Cheers

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
You lucky chap, Daniel. One of my favourite cars of all time. I must be one of the few people on the planet who doesn't regard the 'Pink Pig' as ugly. Since its public unveiling at the test weekend at Le Mans in April 1971, its swooping curves have always had great appeal.

Following this build with envy and excitement. Marvellous.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m excited about this build Laurence, I plan to install a HRS Slot it Chasis in SW configuration and get the car homologated for Racing at the Lemans Classic Class, along with the other models😀

It will be a challenge for my Tuning skills as I pretend the 907/20 to be competitive, but I’m still far away from that step, first the body and then the chasis.

I know you have the LM Trouffle Hunter, Laurence, whenever you can some pics (now in HD thanks to your new tablet😉) would be apreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Will do, Daniel. It'll be a pleasure to get the Pig out again. Will try and do so later. Still in my Y-fronts at present with Mrs Grumpy giving me black looks. Got chums arriving at the midday trough, which I have to prep and cook.

First I have to find the communal feed bucket reserved for special occasions, and then start chopping meat and vegetables with a new knife. If I make it until 11am without drawing my own blood, I shall at least begin to imagine that things are going reasonably well. I remain hopeful but far from optimistic.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have always liked the unique nature of the 917-20 and the iconic livery adds to the allure.
I can't take credit for the file, it's the work of @nimrod444 as so many others....but the glass buck is mine and works fine. Still working on the headlight covers, those are complex....but I think I am close.

Your print and build look great so far!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always liked the unique nature of the 917-20 and the iconic livery adds to the allure.
I can't take credit for the file, it's the work of @nimrod444 as so many others....but the glass buck is mine and works fine. Still working on the headlight covers, those are complex....but I think I am close.

Your print and build look great so far!
Oh! I didn’t know it was @nimrod444 work, absolutely fabulous, thanks for clarifying Chappy . As you mention, Nimrod files are awesome and makes some of the best uncommon cars for slot racing.
Regarding windshield and headlights I tried the Slot it clear parts for the 962/956 and they seem to fit without major trouble, at 3-5 USD seems reasonable to me, will check it again once I finish the paint job and installed the body posts.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I have the Sideways 935.....so many more models to do for the livery.
Yep, and don’t forget the Nsr 997 which also was released with the Cochon Rose 🐖 livery, fact I will upload a pic of the three when the 917/20 is finished, I read somewhere a review of them as “ The father, the son and the ilegitimate son”😂

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I know a master model maker who, a few years ago, made a beautiful model of the Pink Pig but...

... he was such a perfectionist that he stripped it, twice, of its pink paint, because it just wasn't quite right. In frustration, he ended up contacting Porsche in Stuttgart, who, most happily, gave him the correct paint code for the car.

Paint was duly mixed and, at last, it was correct. It cost him a fortune but he was happy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hiya GDSLOT,

Another great print and build Mate, HRS2 should do very well under it.

I have a couple of the LeMans Miniatures versions and the 3D file dimensions are close enough where the bodies could be swapped over.

@chappyman66 - Unfortunately I've misplaced the headlights file, but I think GDSLOT is on the right trail, I'll keep looking.

Cheers
NimROD

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
For years, Klaus Bischoff (a mechanic in 1971) blamed Reinhold Joest for the accident that forced the Pink Pig's retirement at Le Mans, 1971. Reinhold was adamant that the altercation was caused by a braking failure.

Happily, Reinhold was proved to be right. When the car was eventually restored, it was found to having a sticking rear brake caliper.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Chappy i just downloaded your model, now i just have to figure out how to print it :unsure:
Preferably on a 3d printer mate😜

Sorry for the joke, ok being serious if you don’t have a 3d printer right now and don’t want to wait for it to buy it, install it etc, best way would be to comission the print to someone else, there should be someone near your place that does it in a professional way without having to be too expensive , more or less it should be around 20-30 usd for printing the 🐷, of course if you want a 3d print in carbon fiber dust melted by laser , it won’t be cheap, but a resin print with medium quality and /or filament print with good quality should suffice. Good luck with that!

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Preferably on a 3d printer mate😜

Sorry for the joke, ok being serious if you don’t have a 3d printer right now and don’t want to wait for it to buy it, install it etc, best way would be to comission the print to someone else, there should be someone near your place that does it in a professional way without having to be too expensive , more or less it should be around 20-30 usd for printing the 🐷, of course if you want a 3d print in carbon fiber dust melted by laser , it won’t be cheap, but a resin print with medium quality and /or filament print with good quality should suffice. Good luck with that!
May be I should have said that one was delivered yesterday ! I'm just waiting for resin,Alcohol and the washing/curing machine to be delivered .
And then learn how to use it :)

1 - 20 of 205 Posts