SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have always liked the unique nature of the 917-20 and the iconic livery adds to the allure.
I can't take credit for the file, it's the work of @nimrod444 as so many others....but the glass buck is mine and works fine. Still working on the headlight covers, those are complex....but I think I am close.

Your print and build look great so far!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Kevan has linked the site I normally use. The Pig scales to about 125 x 69. It is extremely wide for 1/32 which makes it look large.

Note that the real car has the wheels tucked far inside the bodywork, as this was an aerodynamic experiment. I believe I recall that the chassis was a regular 917 and thus typical width, with the body being much wider and having the vortex generating tail. So really, the build should have the wheels tucked inside to be accurate, not out at the edges of the fenders like most cars.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
[email protected] nice print that looks lovely.

[email protected] there are a couple of solutions. The HRS can use a separate front axle and guide mount if you want to buy the parts. Or....you know.....you have a printer, so you could theoretically build your own.

I did move the guide back slightly on the chassis I printed. I use a short nose guide, though.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
For what it's worth....I didn't do the CAD for the headlight covers as I had trouble with the complex curves. Instead I printed a replicate front end and filled/sanded it to make the mold to pull the glass.
Just saying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts