SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Finally finished !
View attachment 300550
Including a modified tomato chassis and "chappy" guide flag .
View attachment 300551
Chasis looks clean and should do the job mate! The Body looks perfect! 👍🏼👌🏼
What gear ratio did you use and motor? I’m thinking in upgrading my piggy to a Shark 25 as found the Slot it a bit slow for the size of the piggy.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Daniel

Please let us know how your Pig goes with a 25k Shark. An exciting prospect.
Yep, I tried to race it against some Nsr on the last Historic/Can am race at the Northern club , but whereas the Nsr 917,908 were doing 9.2 per lap, the Piggy was 9.8-10 per lap, so it will need some upgrades to get in the fight🙂

·
Registered
227 Posts
What gear ratio did you use and motor? I’m thinking in upgrading my piggy to a Shark 25 as found the Slot it a bit slow for the size of the piggy.
Slot It 11: 32 , took me a while to get the mesh right as the original pod was made for adjustable spherical bearings and i wanted to use plain shouldered bearings.
The motor is described on Amazon as "Scalextric upgrade" from VRC hobbies 20000rpm $17 for 3 !
It runs nicely but i haven't timed it against my other cars yet , it does have a bit of snap oversteer probally due to moving the guide back.
Thanks again to chappyman66

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Nice looking car @Anglocanadian , looks like it should do ok. Mine is intended to run with Fly cars, not NSRs.
Mine already performs quite well, just not enough against the the big Nsr motors and also experienced racers(The Northern Club is almost only hardcore racing fellows, and Wednesday and Friday are not definitely for newbies), that’s why I think I need more raw power, but I have faith in the piggy to successfully hunt that truffle trophy P1(well maybe a P3😅)

Cheers

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
A new arrival destined for the paddock on the Mess. Bought yesterday arrived today. Puddle-pleased, naturally. One of Porsche's greatest ever cars. A pity it had so little use. With a worthy 'cult' following today, all Porsche fans should make at least one pilgrimage to the Museum in Zuffenhausen to see the Pig.
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design Racing
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Tire
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Electronic instrument

181 - 200 of 206 Posts