SlotForum banner
161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Fabulous, Daniel. I liked the Piggy without inserts, but admit that it's improved with them. Fantastic, and very well done. I also like the Senna helmets and Camel car on display. All coming along very nicely.

Now wondering, of course, what your next project might be.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
A resin-bodied version of 917-043 shown by Kevan's 3D illustration in a post above. This car was also originally painted white when it first appeared at the Le Mans test weekend in April, 1971. View attachment 294509 View attachment 294510
Its a beautiful car Laurence, Im amazed at your collection of Porsche delicatessen by Lemans Miniatures or More than Slot, all those Gulf liveries!
They look great, congrats!

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Thanks, Daniel. I'd buy more of them if I could. Someone made kits of 917-043 in 1:24-scale a few years ago, but I still haven't managed to track one down. For me, the 1971 Le Mans polesitter, driven by Jackie Oliver and your illustrious compatriot, Pedro Rodriguez, is the ultimate of all sports racing cars.

Pedro was also one of my great heroes of yesteryear. He was mustard in everything he drove, but really came to the fore in 1970 and 1971 with BRM and Porsche.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Beautiful pics Laurence, I asume they were taken in the Porsche Museum , thanks for sharing them.👌🏼👍🏼

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Quite right, Daniel. They're photos I took several years ago at the old Porsche Museum. It was always a wonderful place to visit. I used to go on Saturday afternoons when it was relatively quiet. Displays of cars, photos, engines, models and the rest were out of this world.

The Museum also had a very 'dangerous' shop. I never left without spending a fortune on models and things. Huge Porsche history and interesting people in one small building. My life was rarely better in those days.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Chappyman

Thanks for the question. I think the answer is a discrepancy caused by my laziness. The Pig changed very little between April and June.

Incidentally, although Porsche only built one Pig originally there are now two in existence. The second was largely built from spare parts, and to my knowledge, still resides in the States.

Two Pigs better than one, though.
Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Bag Textile Automotive design

161 - 180 of 206 Posts