1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Here are two pieces porsche 917k that went on Nurburgring
1970-71.
Usdau 917 1 / 24 was run down on 5L Rennen Nueumunster Germany in August of myself and Ove.
We finished in 12th place overall out of 37 teams.
Other car is from the 1970 race at Nurburgring.
Both cars are car bodies made of GFK carbon fiber.

Regards
Christer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey. And thank you for like the cars I build.
I can later on add up over the building of
one of my projects, pictures and information.

The body is either Fujimi plastic kits or GFK
bodies from dealers in Germany.

I usually buy the bodies are from slot racing werks or Jens scale racing in germany.
Both speak good English and is reputable merchants.

Cheers
Christer

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Thanks for the tips on Slot Racing Werks and Jens. It looks like the body shell alone is 99 euro
Really good stuff though. Maybe I'll save together some money and get the Fujimi version. Something to think about. I really love the detail that 1/24 scale adds.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some updates are on the 917 car we should drive in Germany in August. body is in carbon and GFK
Clear coat and decals are clear of the body. So now is the assembly of small things going on in the body.

Cheers
Christer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some updates to 5Liters car. The case arrived yesterday from Germany, and it's the latest from werks to 917K and 512 cars with some modifications. Ball bearings from plafit in nicely matching gold, here we can talk about low rolling resistance. They never stop and roll when you've been spinning on the rims. A new engine cooling is updated.

Niels See you in Germany in August, so we take a "Stänkare i baren"

Regards
Christer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Porsche is taking shape. We have not decided which chassis that we're going with. But it dissolves quickly, we get home a prototype chassis next week, so then we can start and test out.
To be continued

Cheers
Christer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts