Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Scalextric "The Stig" boring, plain white, Porsche. I wouldn't have bought it, but it came in a set I bought for the track.

My collection of race cars is themed on Le Mans cars of the '00s and although I already have 997, it's occurred to me that the Stig car could be liveried as a Le Mans competitor. Obviously, there's no point in having it done in a pre-existing livery. I've had a brief look around the 'net, and I haven't yet seen either of these, from '04 and '05.......

I know that SCX did the Luc Alphand Ferrari used previously to the 996, but have any slot manufacturers done either of his Porsches?

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Scalextric have produced a couple of Luc Alphand Porsches.

C2537W
c2537w-1.jpg

Le Mans 2002 race
72-2002-1.jpg

C2461 which seems to be a hybrid livery from the 2002 Le Mans race and 2003 Le Mans test
74-c2461-1.jpg

Le Mans 2003 test. Car number 74 in garage number 72. Porsche #74 was entered for the 2003 race, did the test, but didn't make the race.
74-2003-test-2.jpg

Le Mans 2003 test
74-2003-test-1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thanks for that Dopamine. Those Scalextric cars can't have been very plentiful because I couldn't find them - perhaps I was using the wrong keywords.

Edit: Actually, I've just searched Google images for "Scalextric Porsche 911" and I've found just one image of C2461 on page 11. Right through to page 20 I still can't find one of C2537W.

I've now looked on the Scalextric service sheet list. I'll go through all the ones listed there, one by one. Should have done that in the first place, I suppose.

My search for a livery continues.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 8 Aug 2011, 06:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My search for a livery continues.
I've been searching the internet all morning for one I like, and six hours later I've found one.......

Porsche Carerra Cup GB 2003. OK, so the livery didn't appear at Le Mans, but nor did some of some of the others in my collection. Out of the 12 LMPs and GTs I have, only half are actual Le Mans liveries. What's more important to me is that the model of car is correct.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This one has a different front than the "Stig" version.

If you look between the Porsches on Racing Sporscars there are a few interesting liveries wich Scalextric and other brands haven't made so far.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Dagobert II @ 8 Aug 2011, 20:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This one has a different front than the "Stig" version.
I was so carried away with finding one I liked, I didn't notice.

Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Dagobert II @ 8 Aug 2011, 21:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's only one car from 2003 I would go for the Racers Group or the Alex Job Racing.
Thanks for your input. Both those cars were on my original list, but I dis-counted them because I felt the liveries are probably too complicated to be done in 1/32.

I'm toying with sticking with my last find. OK, the front bumper's wrong, and it's not a Le Mans livery, but that car's got 3 things going for it........

1) I like it. I think it's simple but effective. There's also a variation with blue stripes.
2) Tiff is one of my all-time favourite drivers/personalities.
3) That race number is vacant in to my collection.

I'm kind of thinking mix and match. After all, no-one that will ever see it will know it's "wrong" except me.

Thanks again to everyone for their input here.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..... And this is the blue-striped car at the same race, driven by a certain Vicky Butler-Henderson.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The idea of the Parr livery has been shelved. I've been in touch with Richard at Graymalkin and he tells me that it would be difficult to replicate.

If I see another livery I like I'll get Richard's feedback on it, but I may just forget the 996 altogether.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts