SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried retro fitting the NSR Porsche 997 window set into a Scalextric Porsche 997 high resistance model?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
I think LMP has tried something similar on a super-resistant Nissan GT-R...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't imagine it being too difficult. But why would you?
I have 5 of these digital cars, all different liveries but all Scalextric high resistance. When I had family around, we took turns with three of us racing and the other two cars where run as pace cars to provide back marker / track fodder. I have to say with the 4-6yr olds being high resistance was a god send :)

I selected one of these cars as “my car” and I’ve put a lot of work into it to make it faster than the others. Along with general good maintenance I’ve widened the rear, glued and trued the tyres, brass axel bearings, nail polished the fronts, glued the motor and bearings and then lightened the body. It’s running well but still not where I want it. So last week I built a chassis for one of the other 997s, this chassis will then form the basis/template of a competitive chassis (adjustable motor pod and front axle ) for “my car”. So I want the car with all the effort to look nicer than it does. Btw it’s not the top gear car above that was just a reference model.

I will buy the glass and see if it can be made to fit.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
My suggestion would be not to buy the glass parts but use clear plastic to build them.

·
Gary Skipp
6,543 Posts
I think LMP has tried something similar on a super-resistant Nissan GT-R...
I did.

I can't imagine it being too difficult.
It is.

Job for a madman. If that’s you Tink, crank on. But it’ll take you hours of covering yourself in plastic swarf for it to not fit how you want in the end anyway.

The plastic on those bodies is really very thick and makes for horrible looking pillars once you’ve cut the apertures out.

edit: Looks like previous discussion was in a thread of yours already..

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Yeah, I remember you describing as not a pleasant experience!
Job for a madman. If that’s you Tink, crank on. But it’ll take you hours of covering yourself in plastic swarf for it to not fit how you want in the end anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts