SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
That's right, Russell / Richard

memories of the Scarlet Letter !! Actually, I was there when it happened - last Saturday in Rome, for a Slot.it 956 race (BTW, just about the best nearly-RTR series I can think of), and the two new liveries were on display

I was bugging Maurizio as usual, when a common acquaintance came up and pointed out the (now !!) obvious mistake

To Maurizio's credit, he really took it in stride : didn't swear, spent 15 minutes on the cell phone and resumed racing - who said all Italians are temperamental ?

Oh, my suggested reward for the whistleblower : 200 sets of Goodyear tires

Ciao

Beppe

PS : matter of fact, Maurizio also mentioned the special box for Le Mans winners - but I'm afraid I was not paying attention, what with preaching the Digital gospel

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
Slightly OT, look up once more the Italia Slot news feed on SF's front page > 2d post : Porsche Cup 956 Slot.it - DTM Scalextric - Roma

Plenty of pictures for a typical day at the races (with Latin flavor) - and, at 42 entrants, the 956 is fast becoming the most popular class in Italy

PS - did you see the picture of the guy using advanced ESP / pranotherapy to detect the best among the handout motors ?

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
quick Googling : Dunlop claim to have won at Le Mans in 84, picture of #7 car there with Dunlop stickers, tires marked but blurred - no venturi on rear wheels

IF they had raced with Goodyears, I believe they would have changed the stickers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.