SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
Thanks folks but MY opinion of superb service is providing the correct tyres in first place . Sigh. Do I feel stupid!

Anyway: yes there will be more cars in the 'LeMans winners collection' series; obviously the already announced Rothmans 1-2-3 1982, followed by, but in an unknown order yet, the other 956 and 962 that won LeMans, and the Mercedes Sauber.

Best regards

Maurizio

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
I have received this email from a very kind gentleman whose name I will omit for privacy, maybe he does not want to be mentioned as I do not know him.

"Dear friends at slot.it,

I read about the New Man-956 and the delivery with wrong tires.

Well, from my point of view, the Good Years are absolutely ok, because these were on of the advantages Jöst had over the other cars in 184 and 85 when winning LM with this car. It features Dunlop-livery, that´s true, but it raced on Good Years. This is also published in Peter Morgan´s great book "Porsche 956 / 962".

Best regards"

Now, I do not have P.Morgan's book, can anyone confirm this and, if so, does any pictures exist of the P956 NewMan in LeMans with Dunlop sponsorship and Goodyear tyres?

Thanks

Maurizio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.