SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
If you look closely this one has Goodyear on the front to, and no visible Dunlop livery at all. Whereas the Slot.It model has only Dunlop.

This is a different model to that upon which the Slot.It one is based IMO.

McLaren

EDIT: Oh and this model doesn't have spoked wheels on the back like the Slot.It one. It has the brake cooling ducts on the front and back.

EDIT AGAIN: And it's number 8. The little one is number 7.

I think this might have been the confusion.

The man emailing you (Maurizio) had mistaken your car for this one. Just a theory...

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Well then I guess it will remain a mystery forever...

With the likely explaination that it ran in 1984 with Dunlops and changed sometime after that... probably before the 1985 race. What do you think?

McLaren

PS. I never actually said it before, but cheers for all the extra work that you put into this Maurizio. I don't know anyone else that would do it.

But don't think we expect this everytime, it's still an effort over and above the rest. And I'm sure you would have no complaints if the car was sold with the wrong tyres. On another note, can we have the Sauber next please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.