SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some pictures of the building of my thin 3 foot deep track tables each side is 7 foot long. I like this layout as it allows for some table space for PC lap counting and room to work on cars. Since the legs screw off, I can store the two table halves when not in use. My original plan was to glue the track to the astroturf carpet tops with silicone glue so that I could turn the tables and latch them into one unit, making a box to store the whole layout in. I have found it is so easy to setup the track that I will keep my options open and experiment with a few more layouts before I commit to glue. The tables are light and easy to move with the legs off but if the two halves were latched together it would start to get somewhat heavy.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Brilliant!
As Graham says "a piece of furniture" that wouldn't look out of place in anyone's home.
I presume you have used furniture wax for the finish?

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
QUOTE (The Lone Racer @ 12 Sep 2007, 09:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brilliant!
As Graham says "a piece of furniture" that wouldn't look out of place in anyone's home.
I presume you have used furniture wax for the finish?

Wax on, wax off!
You have to have been paying attention to Jaak's thread called 'My slot car track "HandyTrack 2" in the making!' to get that one!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey
Cyclicpitcher
Like the idea...what software are you using....with all that room why don't you go bigger!!! Like the idea of a long thin track though....legs are a bit ornate for me......prefer mine connected to a 6 foot blonde!!!
Happy racing!!

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Love what you've done here

Very smart idea, and has brought to mind a small layout I did a while back using micro scalextric after I got some VERY cheap set's just after christmas a couple of year's back, just for the hell of it.
Have always wondered how I could put it to good use, and now following your idea as inspiration, a coffee table layout it shall be

I think this design lend's itself well to such a concept,

This will have to go on a back burner for a while, but as soon as I get the time.....

Thanks for sharing with us

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Squire, I am using slot-GP with Rich's cable and an old refurbished IBM thinkpad 600e laptop. You can get used and refurbished laptops very cheap on ebay.
I really want to add a pit lane turn. If I move the PB down closer to my ramp, I think I could add a third lane in the square turn and use that as a pit lane for using the refueling feature in the Slot-GP software.

The price of the pitlane is major because the total cost of all the singles and the pitlane changers. Kinda interesting that the single lane straights are sold in packs of 4 but the match to the pitlane section needs 3 straights. I need to draw it out on a track designer but ballpark price seems like well over 200 us dollars. I have around 1 thousand in the current setup, so whats a few hundred more? Don't ask my wife

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.