SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I tried to browse the forums while being logged on as a guest and I was denied access to some of them.

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Generally I far prefer open forums that guests can browse; I like to read for a while, and wait til i have something to say to register. Register to read forums I tend to bypass.

Also you will get lots of people who have no interest in returning signing up just to have a 1 off peek - artificially inflating the users number.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Nuro posted this a few days ago;

QUOTE That's not a bug, that's just the structure of the board. It's divided into:

Information for Guests
Community Forums
General Information

The Guests see the first one and Members don't, but they also don't get to see the whole enchilada of what's available in the Community Forums, Members do.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
exactly - I would never have discovered the wonders of SF had it been structured like this from the start, and am probably typical of a certain percentage of surfers out there.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Why would you ever want to log-out and surf as a guest?

We're trying out different options for what guests can see right now. They can see all forums at the moment.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
It does not impinge on my SF experience at all, I stay logged in. My comment is about the continuingly developing SF community, and just putting my view for the help of things generally

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Had logged out for some reason and tried to surf without logging in. It didn't affect me as I just logged back in.
I have to agree with astro in that I like to poke around a forum a bit before I register.
I like forums that let you do everything but post as a guest.

Derek

QUOTE (Nuro @ 16 Oct 2004, 17:09)Why would you ever want to log-out and surf as a guest?

We're trying out different options for what guests can see right now. They can see all forums at the moment.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts