SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any idea of the suitability of these as potential slot bodies? Not bad for a fiver and they already have Mabuchi motors!

The seller claims it to be 1 of a set of 4 and in their Ebay shop there are a couple of Skylines listed!

Mr.M

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi M

with a little work you should be able to turn any model into a slot car..... it is just a matter of making up a chassis for it.....

I do most of mine out of brass.. but you can use sheet styrene, PC board or just take a RTR chassis and slice and dice it until it fits the chassis.....

Chris

·
Jim Moyes
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply Chris!

I have motorised dozens of statics and friction toys over the years and am always on the lookout for new subject matter, however, I also have a cupboard full of supposedly 1/32 kits that are quite obviously not and was hoping that somebody may have some info on the size of these. I suspect that they may be a little on the large side as they have a bit of the look of the Race Tin R/C cars which are labelled 1/32 but are more like 1/28.

If they are about right I am quite prepared to use a bit of "reverse sod's law" as usually when I build something not previously available in slot form, one of the RTR companies (or several in the case of the Cobra) add one to their line up!

Mr.M

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Did I miss something? The listing does not give the scale! I looked at these for a Proxy body and believe that they are not scale. That is why I ended up moulding the Suprs from a diecast!

Phil

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Dont worry Phill they are huge about 1/28th Ive got a box full of these things I think 6 in total any one wants one £3.00 each +postage and by the way its not me on ebay
The supra bodys I posted pics of last week are a better bet .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts