SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Good luck Wayne.

Excellent news on another HO club. You will have to think of a snappy new moniker for it. Most people try to include HO in it...ECHO, WHO, SCHORC, BHORC etc.

Looking forward to seeing track layouts, race reports and videos from September.

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi Wayne,

That all sounds really good. Coming along nicely.

I would say be open to running various chassis in F1 but it sounds as if your Mod class will fit the bill nicely in terms of giving people an open chassis choice. In my opinion as long as at least one class is doing that, then you've got the makings of a great club.

I have to say I would dearly love to try my Martech prepared Mega G against an SG+ in F1, no holds barred on tyre choice. The general assumption seems to be that the SG+ would prevail but me, I'm not so sure.

Is your race venue all confirmed now? And which way are you going with power and driver stations? Brakes?

Cheers
Gareth

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 9 Jun 2011, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Come and try it at SCHORC soon, a match race on the 13th August were waiting with the SG+ and the Marchon F1's that we are running in 2012 as super F1's
A modified O/W class.
Bearing in mind how long it will take me to get to Yelling and back by train each time, can we squeeze it into the Pancake Cup meeting during the lunch break? I am really interested in the result!

Marchon F1 sounds cool. I wish I'd only got shot of the track and kept the cars when we had our Marchon but I had none of the tuning knowledge I have now and they just weren't as quick as the Turbos we were running back then.

As I said before Wayne, it all sounds excellent and I'm so pleased it is going to happen. I like your thinking on how to get new faces through the door. Get them in with the cheap attractions of HO racing and then sock them with the real costs which seem to be much higher once you get on the performance chasing highway!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 9 Jun 2011, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not quite how I would of put it Gareth but I get your point.

I'm hoping that once we've been running for a while that we will have build a relationship with a few retailers that will allow us to offer members discounted cars and spares.
Forgive me, I am in an exciteable mood what with having my track up, a coupla beers (inevitably) and it being Thursday evening which is of course the new Friday.

It isn't really that much to get a car to be competitive. Silicone tyres are £1.50 a pair (probably cheaper in bulk) and apart from that you can't go wrong with just tweaking and running the car in. So really to be competitive it is only a pair of silicones and the cost of the car. It's just buying the right one that matters.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Don't worry, I only learnt the term a couple of months ago.

Blue printing is when someone buys a lot of the stock chassis that the club will run and tests them all to find the one with the quickest motor, grippiest magnets, best meshing gears if they're going the whole nine yards. It all gets put in the straightest, best chassis and bam, you've got a rocket ship car on your hands. But it is a pricey thing to do as you probably want around 20 cars to go through to find what is good.

Unfortunately you can't really police against it and if someone wants to spend the money (and time) to do it, it is going to happen.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Which is the spirit I approach racing in myself. I love racing and I love being having a group of friends to race against. I've got to be honest, turning laps on my own isn't fun at all. I've had a four lane up at home a few times now and driving it on my own is boring. I miss having my brother around all the time to drive against. He's in Germany, not dead before you worry!!

Anyway, lets get back on topic which is the excellent news that you are launching a new HO club in East Anglia. Hopefully it picks up like crazy and you'll be hosting EAHORC meets before we know it.

Oh and ECHO is definitely better than HOLO and LOHO!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
A nice picture of Darth Vader with a controller and an LMP Mega G saying "Turn to the Small Side." That might hook a couple of 1/32nd people from any local clubs around there.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The weird thing about Tomy track for me is that the two cars on a single piece of track sit close but then there is a different sized gap to the car sitting on the next piece. Mr Player showed it to me the other week and now it mildly irks me!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The gaps are very annoying. Seems very short sighted of Tomy to not develop a 4 lane system.

That's what I would be doing now if I'd won the Euro Millions last night. Sadly, it didn't happen.

HO ovals definitely have potential. Go for it Julian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts