SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 8 Jun 2011, 15:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have decided to go for a first meeting in September so now the hard work starts.

Well its moving along quite nicely now!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 8 Jun 2011, 20:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Meets will be a Thursday night once we get that far.

You could get the occasional visit from the 'SCHORC' boys, in the 'SCHORC' bus

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 8 Jun 2011, 20:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking forward to the full demonstration of this driving technique at the Pinewood 6hr.

You wont be disapointed then

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 8 Jun 2011, 20:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could get the occasional visit from the 'SCHORC' boys, in the 'SCHORC' bus

That would be good, we're currently looking at racing NASCAR bodies on Mega Gs, but hopefully we'll have club cars available and I'll have to come up with an equivalency formula that allows the Mega Gs to keep up with the Super Gs and LifeLikes
, though just making them all run the standard tyres would sort the LifeLikes out.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi Wayne,

That all sounds really good. Coming along nicely.

I would say be open to running various chassis in F1 but it sounds as if your Mod class will fit the bill nicely in terms of giving people an open chassis choice. In my opinion as long as at least one class is doing that, then you've got the makings of a great club.

I have to say I would dearly love to try my Martech prepared Mega G against an SG+ in F1, no holds barred on tyre choice. The general assumption seems to be that the SG+ would prevail but me, I'm not so sure.

Is your race venue all confirmed now? And which way are you going with power and driver stations? Brakes?

Cheers
Gareth

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (Gareth @ 9 Jun 2011, 20:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to say I would dearly love to try my Martech prepared Mega G against an SG+ in F1, no holds barred on tyre choice. The general assumption seems to be that the SG+ would prevail but me, I'm not so sure.
Cheers
Gareth

Come and try it at SCHORC soon, a match race on the 13th August were waiting with the SG+ and the Marchon F1's that we are running in 2012 as super F1's
A modified O/W class.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's 99.9% on the venue I think we may allow other chassis in but not sure until Julian and I sit down and have a chat.
We have decided to run stock tyres to start with just because we think there will be a lot of new faces to racing and it keeps costs down a bit.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 9 Jun 2011, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Come and try it at SCHORC soon, a match race on the 13th August were waiting with the SG+ and the Marchon F1's that we are running in 2012 as super F1's
A modified O/W class.
Bearing in mind how long it will take me to get to Yelling and back by train each time, can we squeeze it into the Pancake Cup meeting during the lunch break? I am really interested in the result!

Marchon F1 sounds cool. I wish I'd only got shot of the track and kept the cars when we had our Marchon but I had none of the tuning knowledge I have now and they just weren't as quick as the Turbos we were running back then.

As I said before Wayne, it all sounds excellent and I'm so pleased it is going to happen. I like your thinking on how to get new faces through the door. Get them in with the cheap attractions of HO racing and then sock them with the real costs which seem to be much higher once you get on the performance chasing highway!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Not quite how I would of put it Gareth but I get your point.

I'm hoping that once we've been running for a while that we will have build a relationship with a few retailers that will allow us to offer members discounted cars and spares.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 9 Jun 2011, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not quite how I would of put it Gareth but I get your point.

I'm hoping that once we've been running for a while that we will have build a relationship with a few retailers that will allow us to offer members discounted cars and spares.
Forgive me, I am in an exciteable mood what with having my track up, a coupla beers (inevitably) and it being Thursday evening which is of course the new Friday.

It isn't really that much to get a car to be competitive. Silicone tyres are £1.50 a pair (probably cheaper in bulk) and apart from that you can't go wrong with just tweaking and running the car in. So really to be competitive it is only a pair of silicones and the cost of the car. It's just buying the right one that matters.

21 - 40 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.