SlotForum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
QUOTE (sunsetman @ 2 Jul 2011, 17:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking at using racecordinator for Ho and as far as I know it would work fine with 1:32 aswell.

Awesome programme. I worked with the guy behind it in the early days, and he set it up to be able to run national HO meets from soup-to-nuts. It will work with Trackmate hardware, and hopefully at some point Andyslots will test it out and we can start using it that way.

He'd be the one to talk to re: Deadstrips vs reeds vs bridges by the way.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I've spoken to Dave briefly very helpful guy.

I've got some sensors which Andy has made me for my home layout so once I move I can test it all out get a feel for it and hopefully by the time the clubs up and running ill have a reasonable grasp of the programme.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Things are moving along, Wayne has found someone in Lowestoft to help him with it and has been looking at venues. I've got the wiring to do and other bits and bobs, hopefully we'll be up and running in the new year.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'd love to Pancake everything but Wayne doesn't see the attraction of old cars that are tricky to drive and fussy to get running properly

I think we're running Mega Gs in F1 (Wayne's got 4 of them), SG+ Nascars and EAHORC mods, I think we're doing one class per night but I'll have to check.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
UPDATE!!!!

The track for the club should be with me end of April. Between myself, Wayne and Julian we should be able to sort wiring fairly quickly. Hoping by June we will have an official open day. Please bare with us guys I know it taking a while but we are making small steps in right direction. Myself and Wayne have spoken briefly about possibility of hold race on a Saturday or Sunday and maybe having a 1/32 class race in the morning and HO races afternoon so to be open to people from all disciplines of slot car racing. Julian is coming to Waynes in next couple of weeks and hopefully we can thrash out some ideas and get going. Thanks

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You will have to decide how you want to pitch the club, weekend races will be able to attract existing racers from further afield but you will then have the factor of these people having clashing weekend race meets or other commitments at weekends. If you rely on them too much, it could be a struggle.

If you go for a weeknight, your racers will be much more local and much less likely to have other commitments. The club will have a stronger identity that way, but of course you have to find the people, and that takes work and luck.

Both could fail, both could work. For what it is worth my advice would be look at WHO, if they did it, copy them.

Have you considered ECHO having two venues? I got the impression that if one was 'inland' a little to the west of Julian, the SCHORC guys would bolt there...

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (jonnynobber @ 1 Apr 2012, 19:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Listen to Montoya about looking at WHO. The Dr has been a success since the early 60,s. Finding a Police box might be difficult though...

Yeah, but what a great trick, imagine this, opening a police box door and there is a fantastic sized racetrack inside.

Just about every slottrack owners dream a 'Tardis', for their pride and joy!

Completely portable.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.