SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's been a long time and I used to got to the Settlement Building track with my father Dennis who passed away some years ago.

So I need a list of essential items like, car, controller, tools etc to get up and running. Still have two Sekonda stop watches that were used back in the day to time laps. But I see things have moved on a bit with regards timing.

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Chris Frost @ 2 Apr 2015, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As you've posted in the Teesside club site, I guess that'll be your nearest club (?)
If you want more info on this club contact Richy Kettleson (details above) He'll be very happy to help.

Correct

Popped in last for 10 mins and had a quick chat with Richy and a drive on the track.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Makem @ 2 Apr 2015, 17:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go along tonight and see Mike Kettleson, he has been in slot racing for many years. No one better to advise you.

I think I remeber your Dad, he used to go about with a friend whose name I can`t recall, and they drove a very quick Sunbeam Rapier, which they reckoned could get to London in two and a half hours (days before speed limits).

Gerry

Hi Gerry

My father was Dennis Atterton, no longer with me though.

Only chap I can think of is Mike Hingley at the moment but he was into fast Hillman Imps amongst other things. He once fitted a 1500cc motor in a Moggy Thou to head out to the Nurburgring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.