SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I would like to put forward the idea of a 12 hour endurance race to be run at Wolves in January of next year.

The race would be run on both of our tracks using a total of 8 lanes, making it an 8 team race, GT is the most likely car class, as most people have them and they are easy to set up.

If anybody would be interested in an event like this, please let me know as soon as possible, so we can start developing ideas and make the event a reality.

Thanks- Sam Cockerton, Wolves

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Sam.
Yes, I can just about manage 12 hrs these days!
I will come into any team that wants an 'experienced' driver. BTW, its possible to do 9 teams as Aldersley is a five lane track.
Cheers Bill.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bill, was hoping to leave blue lane on the aldersley out so I could aim for one less team, but if there is enough interest we can make it 9. Hopefully we can have a couple of wolves teams so I'm sure there is a place for an experienced driver such as yourself

Cheers, Sam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi John

I would personally like to run it on a Saturday, but Sunday wouldn't be a problem if it's more convenient for people.
Tyres would be controlled, probably NSR Supergrips, but these will not be supplied, Motors will be free choice.
Teams would be 4-8 members and I think possibly £40-£50 per team, so a driver will have to pay no more than £10 for racing, which I think is fair considering we just paid £250 to take a team to the Henley 24hr and most of it will go to charity.
However you must factor in the cost of the car, tyres and parts, which can be split between the whole team.

Cheers, Sam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great, we are going to put some provisional rules and a format together soon and possibly decide on a date, will post everything on here and hopefully get some more teams on board

Cheers, Sam

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I think that Bearwood might be able to run a team.

• Graham Pritchard?
  • Ian Howard?
  • Steve Beech?
  • James Noake?
  • Will Charlton?
  • Dave Parish?

I'll discuss with the Bearwood bretheren and get back to you.

Keep me posted?

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Hi Sam,
I would be interested in racing should one of teams be desperate for a middle aged, beer bellied bald bloke.
I sure my company would stretch to sponsoring a car too. It will of course be decaled with the company logo.

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right then guys, Given the amount of interest this has had, I will now look at planning the event starting tonight, I will keep you up to date with everything on here.

Possible Entries:
North Staffs
Oxford
Bearwood
Hereford
Norwich
Hellenic Slot Car club
Wolves

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Sam, great to see your making progress with this. put me down for being on some sort of wolves team, ill talk to you about it friday.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Sam

Subject to dates, us here in East Devon are interested, can you let me know if there would be space for us and a rough idea of when.

Cheers
Scott Layzell

1 - 20 of 46 Posts