SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
If you'd like to add a photo to your post, you can do the following:

On the Edit screen, simply click the IMG button and enter the URL of you image.

Like this:
CODE

For example:
CODE

Note: You can't post a photo that acts as a hyperlink in the message body like you can do with a signature.

Remember that your photo has to be on the Internet for this to work. If you do not have any place to host your photos you can subscribe to the SlotForum Plus+ membership that includes 50MB of hosting for photos. More information here.

If you have your images on another photo hosting site, you can link to them without fuss. Google Picasa Web Albums (Google Plus), Photbucket, Flickr, Imgur are just some free photo hosting sites.

Please keep your photos around or under 800 pixels wide. This saves bandwidth and allows people with lower screen resolutions to see the images. 900 pixels for the occasional good photo, but please don't post jumbo photos un-cropped or resized directly from your camera.

Got it? If you have a problem, please don't hesitate to ask. Send an email or PM.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
HELP! I was trying to put my pics on the slotfurum page so i could post them but they are to big. It says they should be smaller than 70K and all mine are much bigger. Can't seem to find a way to make them smaller. Can anyone help me? Thanx.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've noticed quite a few lost photos, when I right click the white square and red cross to see where the pic was hosted - photobucket.com often seems to be the culprit.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
All the more reason to support the forum and shell out a paltry sum and join the PLUS+ scheme to host your pics with us!

·
Registered
548 Posts
When i try to post a pic i get error message that say its not possible to put dynamic images in the IMG tags.

The only way i can do it is have it appear as a thumbnail.

My pics are hosted here on Slotforum members gallery, whats the error message mean.?

Shaunbmx

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had to change my hosting site, and already have forum posts with links to the old site. How do I update these links?

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
I'm afraid you can't, because the forum software won't let you edit your posts after about half an hour (I think). After that you need a friendly mod to alter the posts for you. Normally in these circumstances I volunteer Bleep's services

Joking aside, PM me and I'll help if I can.

cheers,

Rob

·
Ian
99 Posts
Cheers Rob!

I don't mind helping as you know, however I have used all my storage space on here now I have no room for my own photos

Any time

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I have just increased the space for gallery photos by 20MB for Plus+ members so you should be able to upload those photos bleep

So Plus+ members now have 20MB for uploaded attachments and 50MB of gallery picture space.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I should do that, got loads of un-used photo's. definitely renewing my sub now!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm just having problems finding the edit page!, let alone posting photos

I have photos to upload of my layout. Is it down to my membership or something?

Billy

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
QUOTE Remember that your photo has to be on the Internet for this to work. If you do not have any place to host your photos you can subscribe to the SlotForum Plus+ membership that includes 50MB of hosting for photos. More information here.

Billy, you need to subscribe to SF Plus+ membership to store your photos here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm getting the same error message as shaunbmx last year - dynamic pages in the IMG tags not allowed.
I'm trying to insert an image from my gallery.
Any advice?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your image file has to end with a valid image extension: .jpg, .png or .gif

Try another URL to the image.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for your help.
I was copying the url from the IE toolbar, rather than right-clicking on the image and copying link.
My photos may be a bit wider than they're meant to be though.
rpm

·
Slot King
2,646 Posts
I have just discovered that a & in the URL will also give the "Dynamic page" error message

As an example:
This URL will not work:

QUOTE www.ssrcworld.com/more_articles_2/unmade_small_pics/land&marcos0065.jpg

But this one would:

QUOTE www.ssrcworld.com/more_articles_2/unmade_small_pics/landmarcos0065.jpg

Hope this helps others.

Joel

1 - 20 of 45 Posts