SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
A common problem for forum users wanting use photos in their posts is that often they have nowhere to have the files hosted on the internet, or they just can't be bothered uploading the photo and figuring out the URL.

Well, hope fully this will help a lot of people in their image posting:
Slot Car Image Post

It allows anyone to upload their slot car pics for use in forum posting. Once an image is uploaded the site then spits out a URL of the uploaded image for posting with.

All posted images remain on the server for everyone to view, so hopefully a large database of images will build up for everyone to enjoy

Only a basic browsing system is available for viewing images at the moment, but if the need arises I'll add in a search feature.

So try it out, and tell me what you think. I'd love to get some feedback.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just made a small update to make it clear which fields are neccesary, as there were a couple of people having problems uploading their images.

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
thanks - could this be moved to the new Photography & Video section, so that I'll know where to look when the next time comes ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 25mb account size is the reason for the 60k limit I imposed on image file sizes, but if there is a reasonable interest in the site I may pay the money for extra space to allow for greater file sizes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've Just completed a fairly substantial update to slot car image post. Its a new feature that allows people uploading their image to place a custom text watermark on their image in a choice of various colors.
This will probably appeal most to people wanting to make sure they are given rightfull credit for their images.

I've also lifted the max file size to 70K

Slot Car Image Post

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its seems that the people hosting 'slot car image post', freepgs.com, have for some reason deleted all my hosted files without any explanation and because I never backed up any of the photos people had uploaded, their all gone. But I cant really complain to them as its a free service.

At least the database was still intact and I've now got the site back up and running the same as it was before.

I hope this hasn't inconvenienced too many off you, especially those who had their avatar hosted on slot car image post, I will be backing up ALL the files in the future.

Also, since I couldn't find the true type font that I was using before, I've now uploaded a cool new font called 'BabyFace' for the image watermarks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just done a small update on Slot Car Image Post, such that thumbnail images will now be displayed in the browse pages.

To reduce loading times, rather than just taking the full size image and scaling it using HTML, the site will automatically take the orginal image, rescale it and output a compressed JPEG file for the thumbnail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts