SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a C7030 PB Pro with simple H power board and 22A power supply.

When I turn on the lane changers click and I get an 8A overload. Normally when I reset all is fine and I can carry on.

Just recently however, I purchased another straight lane changer and now it takes more than one press of the reset button to reset itself.
Also I seem to be needing to reset during the course of a race.

This is a nuisance because it interupts the racing.

I have 5 straight lane changers, 5 curved lane changers amd a pit lane on approx 80m of track.

All the lane changers are powered by the track.

Am I overloading the system?

Should I:
1) Just increase the overload value?
2) power the lane changers on their own circuit from the power supply,not going through the PB?
3) Something else?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Trev

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I am going down the route of providing each lane changer with power from the power supply rather than through the track.

Do I have to be careful with the polarity on the changer? Can the wires go either way round (providing I disconnect the wires from the track?)

Trev

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
First off I would check what the Overload Delay & level are set to? Default is 50mS & 8 Amps, which is a good starting point for most people.

Not surprised with your number of changers that it is overloading at switch on so if you want to stick with Powering the LC's from the track I would try upping the delay to 100, or 250mS and if that does not fix it then push the current up a bit.

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Polarity of the changers does not matter as the power goes through a bridge rectifier. Do not use more than 12V for the changers.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts