SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have converted all my curved changeovers, and have taken all the leads to the small solenoid boards rather than back to the sensor board, which is much easier to do on the straight crossover.

The only issue with taking the leads to the solenoid boards is that the points for soldering to are a bit smaller than they are on the sensor board, and also they are covered in some sort of glue or protective material that needs to be removed before you can do any soldering.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's the one. And the bonus is that you won't have to pay the postage from America, which cost me almost as much as the relays when I ordered 10 from Mouser.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just to add that yes it's possible to make the same mod to CLCs. Rather than take the feed for the relay coils from the sensor feed, as on the XLC, I took it from the solenoid boards. It's a little bit fiddly but it is possible. Also to say that on the CLC I actually soldered the flipper feed to the pin.

Yes it does get hot, and you have to be careful not to melt the plastic it sits in, but with well prepared surfaces and a good flux, it is possible.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My own thoughts would be to have the exit flipper powered for the car that is changing lanes as the default setting. When a car approaches in the opposite lane, the sensor could be used to trigger the timer, and this would take care of two points. The timer would be used to hold a relay that 1) provides power to the flipper for the non changing lane and 2) cuts the circuit to the changer solenoid providing anti collision protection.

After your timed interval, the circuit for the lane changing solenoid would be restored, and the power to the flipper would be set for a car that was changing lanes.

To do all of that would simply require that the timer triggers a DPDT non latching relay.

The only scenario where this wouldn't work is if the lane changing car reached the sensor a fraction ahead of the car in the non changing lane. The changing car would arrive at the exit flipper whilst it was powered for the non changing lane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts