SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'm looking to buy about 10 of the TQ2-L2-9V relays from Mouser (can't find anywhere in Oz that supplies anything similar - mind you I'm a bit lazy at searching) - but I'm baulking at the delivery costs $30USD (the $AUD has dropped 40% in the last few weeks against the USD.

Is there anyone else in Oz that might be interested in combining an order and splitting the postage cost?

Great tutorial BTW (can't wait to try it out).

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Well at last my first at attempt at this modification the straight lane change, to give you some context I'm pretty electrically challanged!

I have done one side of a straight lane change and I have found it works beautifully if the car is going straight on. However if the car takes the lane change then I seem to lose power on the flipper (in fact the powerbase goes into overload - I can hear it overloading as it makes a little buzzing noise). I'm curious to see if this behavior is expected or not?

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Rick,

Thanks for that... I retried on a single pit-lane section and it works beautifully (at last no more kids or me stopping on flippers).... Now only about another 8 sections to do.

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Rick,

I'm a bit confused myself - I generally seem to find that the flipper taping is the most critical component - if you don't get it spot on then you have all sorts of dramas with overloads and shorting.

What I wouldn't mind knowing is that if you solder the red and black wires incorrectly on the rails if this has any issue, on the pit-lane entry which has the single flipper I was getting shorting occurring and I found that by reversing the red/black connection solved the problem.

At the moment if I complete the mod and there is a shorting problem that it is either the flipper connector or the incorrect rail connection. I must get myself some of the new tape the Ke3th advised later in his posts.

I've got a bundle more to do and I've run out of time this weekend (wife thinks I've got a screw loose - I'm sure we've all seen the rolling of the eyes when you advise that it's take 30 minutes to stop the cars stopping on the flippers)....

I'm now curious about the pit-exit flipper and whether I can power this as it is another point where cars can stop (not that it's anywhere near as bad as the pit-entry). I'm a master at doing the wiring with the relay and the soldering.

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Keith,

Thanks for that, actually I did 4 x-overs on the weekend all of which are working perfectly. I generally went through a pretty thorough procedure to ensure that everything is setup correctly, it's pretty easy to work out what is going wrong by simply testing (must get myself a multimeter). I generally found that I'd get a short from both straight on or lane changed direction or from both. I'm completely happy now as it's all working perfectly.

I was fortunate to find the Panasonic relays from a US supplier herefor a mere $2.49 each which seemed to be far cheaper than mosler (and a huge thanks to Pault86 who shipped them to me at cost).

I look forward to the exit flipper solution (and your wife/partner/missus is right there is no rush).

So now I'm pretty much complete, powered flippers, Pit Pro, S-H and Lap Tower, just need to build some tables for the track and either make it completely pack awayable or hoistable and I'm set - then of course I'll want scenary.

I generally stay away from the CLC but I'm sure I'll get around to fixing those up as per your instructions. Thanks once again for your efforts, it's certainly made things so much better, especially for the kids.

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I've had a good look around and found the chips that you want - I bought a heap and undertook the modification with great success - I no longer run digital so have a few chips left over. Well 9 to be exact.

Not the best picture but it should give you a good idea of the quality and type of chips. The chips are stored in an amazing plastic compartment which ensure the legs don't get broken, just think of a H plastic shell and you'll get the idea. Items have been stored in the container since the time I sourced them. As you can see they are in new condition.

Anyways, PM me your address and if you willing to pay the postage from Aus to UK then I'll happily send them over. Works out at $7.40 AUD (about 3 pounds) for the items - I will have to cut down the plastic holder so that it meets the minimum width requirements.

Happy to let them got to a good home. Of course if you don't need 9 chips them I'll happily send to others if required.

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
QUOTE Do have a link to where you bought these chips or do you know where I can get them here in NZ?

Sorry bought them years ago - if RacingSnake doesn't want them all or any I can send to you.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Mousser

The above link is where I bought mine from, initially bought 20 of the TQ2 L2 9v. I didn't realise how expensive they are - $50AUD worth of relays sitting on the shelf.

I'd be happy to let them go for $20AUD plus postage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts