SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all,

I'm wanting to landscape/decorate my home track similar to a practice track used for testing. Anyone got any pictures or sites that show the usual buildings/garages/support facilities that are typical for a testing track? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a couple shots of what's up so far and the track plan:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
@ S-Line (from Audi I suppose, nice name by the way!)

Why do you want to make your track look like a testcircuit?
Any special reasons?

I really like your layout, and I think it would be very nice with normal "scenery"!
You have quite some room for nice buildings and lots of greenery!

Cheers

Gunther

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi S-line
I really like your great layout!
Love the variable radius corners.
I am sure it will look brilliant with some scenery. Keep us up to date! There are several threads on this forum with some great buildings to give you inspiration.
JS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jnr_seahorse, tDI_Fahrer, and bacardibeast for the replies and kind remarks.

Yes, "S-line" is Audi-inspired, and reminds me of my favorite road sign: "sharp curves ahead."

The test-circuit idea started with SCX's canopied paddocks. I go to the USGP every year, and when the Historic Racers attend their garage area is under tents with visitors able to go behind the rope barriers to get up-close-and-personal with Mario Andretti's or Emmo's Formula car. It's a "picnic" atmosphere. I figure with less formal facilities it'll have a similar feel; kinda like "A Day at the Races in the Country." Plus, I hate those dang VIP areas...I wanna get in those hospitality tents too!?! (Can you hear the whining?).

Plus, it would still be fairly prototypical with a mixture of autos out on the track. Even when the boss's streetable Lambo is chasing Montoya's F1 bimmer with a vintage GT40 warming up for a go at a fast lap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.