Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well, the most is the new house is done... and I thought, now I'll make some time for my own. I had a spare room in the house and made there a pre-permanent track. I can't begin with the permanent, because the garage is still full off stuff for the driveway. But I couldn't wait to put my buildings, people and trees next to a track!

You guys allready know I'm a sucker for pictures so here are a "few", I took much more but I think that would be too much... they look great though!

The room isn't big enough for the same track I wanna make as permanent track, but I made this: Here is my Pre-Petit Spa!

An overview:

The Vette outbraking the Marcos in the hairpin, my "Eau Rouge":

Coming out of Eau Rouge, a nice duel:

An other duel further in the field, Viper against the Seikel GT3RS:

While they're duelling, they come closer to the leading duo,
the lights are on, "Make some room, coming through!":

The leaders passing by the grand stand, lapping a touring class car
(You see I can use some more grand stand figures ha, see thread Carrera figures):

Accidents happen, yellow flag:

Marshalls on their job:

An M-Class arrives with an Abarth for the next race, the historic cup:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
After the yellow flag the Viper launched itself to the lead:

The GT3RS is still behind the duel:

The touring class Leon pitting in!

Another touring car in the pits:

Busy pitlane:

The pits seen from the press-tower:

Behind the pits, cars from the Alfa 147 challenge:

The tower seen from the other side, the viper is on a rush!

A Z4 spotted next to the tower:

Team Freisinger Porsche passing the pitwall:

@ LMP04

This one won't be finished, but I can't wait to start with the real thing. Here I opened 3 boxes of trees. I have another 4 of them, and quite some grass too!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE some grass too!

Good tDI.... I was beginning to worry about the apparent amount of snow at Spa during race season!

Seriously.... nice pics!! And good luck with the new track!

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Nice pics.

Anyone living near to tDI should give up their weekend to help this guy clear out his garage in order that he can get his skate's on and put a proper Spa together for the rest of us who are suckers for pictures.

Sheesh! That crazy Australian back-packer certainly took a wrong turn in the woods somewhere - that Viper nearly did for him.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm glad you guys are suckers for pictures too! Otherwise I'd bore you to death I think! What I like about those pictures, is that I can watch them from time to time at work... and think about the action in the races we had the night before!

@ Nuro: Well... the M Class with the trailer is a Welly 1:32. Originally there was a 1:18 motorcycle on the trailer (god knows why 1:18?). I never remarked it was too small... I'll check that tonight, maybe it's the angle of the pictures?

@ Fergy: Don't worry! Petit Spa will be very green! Seriously, I layed this track because I had a spare room for a period, and it was a while ago that I raced. When I saw all my trees in those boxes, and my self-made buildings, I couldn't resist putting them scenery next to the track! I just cut foam in the right shapes and put trees on it... I didn't want to cut my grass, becaus it's quite expensive, and it's for only a month or so... I'm allready very happy I have a spare room where I can race between the work!

Final Petit Spa will be more colorfull too! I have loads of advertising, lying there, ready to put on the track. It's all color-laser-printed at the office! The crash barriers will be painted... The new Carrera figures are pre-ordered... Damn... the more I think of it, the more I want to start the real thing! But I can't... I have to do other stuff first. My driveway, two terraces... cutting down trees in the garden...

@ Wankel Ickx:
That's one hell of a proposition! Come on guys... come over and help me with the terraces and driveway... have some Belgian beers... afterwards we could race in teams on Pre-Petit Spa and have some more beers! And when I got the room (5 by 2.5 meters) I can start my propper Spa (without snow!)!

That backpacker is indeed in a very dangerous position! Maybe he'll feel safer on the camping site!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice pictures

I really like your buildings. What are they made of?

I especially like your grand stand, because its more in scale, than the small ones you normally see!

Morten

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
TDi,

Looks good! Glad to hear the house is done, a new roof over your head will make you very busy though!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looking very promising Gunther
. Those buildings are real masterpieces! I like the old story about the cat wrecking the first draft ones
. I can't wait to see your permanent layout, it'll be fantastic I'm sure!

Toby

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments guys! I really appreciate this!

@ Bastumannen: I don't want to think about that incident anymore, and I don't want to think about her wrecking these!

@ Fangio: These buildings are made out of foam-paper that architects use to make their maquettes... It handles really well... All the printing is done with a color laser printer at the office. All the brand images I found at www.brandsoftheworld.com!

@Nuro: Here is an other picture of the M Class... I think it's quite good on scale.
I rather think the Abarth is too big.

M next to Viper:

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm sorry to bring out the cat story again, I was just impressed that you were joking about it in that old thread! I would have been very sad to have lost a building like that
. Sort of extra bad since someone else made it for you, as well
. I'm really impressed with how you managed to replace it and surpass the quality too
. And make sure to close the door at night

The pits sure look great too, lots of action in those pictures!
By the way, where in Belgium do you live? In my cykling days I stayed in a little village called Denderwindeke (15k south of Aalst) over the whole season in 99 and I still have a few friends around there. ...great beer you've got in Belgium, mmmmm
i really miss that!

toby

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The advantage of my Pre-Petit Spa is that I can test with materials, with ways of working. So I know what I will and won't do on the permanent layout.
Yesterday I put up a small backdrop behind the trees, and I must say, it gives a great view. It looks great on pictures. But I don't know if I will do it on the permanent track. It is my intention to make the sides of the track (of the table) in plexiglass. So the track is more accessible to sunlight, and little children can watch trough the glass!

While I was doing that, I took again a few pictures... but when you have a new digital camera, with lots and lots to find out about it... a few pictures become quite a lot of pictures.

A "short" report about the ETCC race @ Pre Petit Spa

Before the race, a VIP was taking his new toy around the track for a few hot laps!
The lucky bastard! (here you see allready the backdrop, wich gives relly a "forest impression", compare to the pictures of yesterday)

The grid:

First row:

Second row:

Third row:

Back view:

Waiting for the start lights!:

And off they go!

With ETCC's it's allways close-racing, especially in the first short corner!
The Leon has to let the pack go...

The Belgian BMW on the ideal line, the Toledo on the outside of the track, in the dirt, getting ready for the next short right:

The Spanish Toledo of Gene pushes the Beemer to the outside:

Closer look:

Muller and Giovanardi out of the corner, heading to the chicane, pedal to the floor!:

Muller sees lights in his mirrors, somebody is pushing!

It's Eckblom in the Belgian Bmw! Jumps hard over a curb! Damn what a duel!:

Hard on the brakes for the hairpin!:

I said HARD on the brakes, Eckblom brakes later than Gene!:

He's faster out of the hairpin!:

Muller sees the unleashed Eckblom taking over Gené!:

The field passing by through the forest (mind the backdrop)!:

View from the hairpin:

The rest of the race the places stay the same: Eckblom in front of Gené!:

The podium: Muller, Giovanardi and Eckblom:

We spotted the Enzo next to the VIP tower:

Those backpackers found their way, and are safer now and looking for something to eat!

The guy knows we are following him, he's searching for us!

And now I'll stop with pictures from Pre Petit Spa! Thank god the most of you are suckers for pictures too. I love to take pictures from this! So you're warned for pictures of the permanent Petit Spa!

And euhm... if you see those pictures of the ETCC's... don't you think... "Gimme Digital... and fast!"?

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (bastumannen @ 17 Sep 2004, 08:17)And make sure to close the door at night

By the way, where in Belgium do you live? In my cykling days I stayed in a little village called Denderwindeke (15k south of Aalst) over the whole season in 99 and I still have a few friends around there. ...great beer you've got in Belgium, mmmmm
i really miss that!

toby
Yesssss! I make sure the door stays closed... no matter what!

And I live in Gent, and Denderwindeke is a 20 minute drive from here.
Nice region overthere!

And Belgian beer....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Another set of great pictures Gunther
. Keep them coming!
That sure is a great region, and Gent is a beautiful old town too! I love the central parts of town, with all the old buildings, cathedrals and the kanaal that runs through. ...and of course all the nice pubs and restaurants!!! I'll let you know if I'm in the area, I might just invite myself over

toby

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (bastumannen @ 17 Sep 2004, 09:13)I'll let you know if I'm in the area, I might just invite myself over

toby
Please do! If you're in the neigbourhood, find a PC and PM or mail me!

We can race and drink some Duvels!

·
Registered
759 Posts
That sounds great Gunther!
I've never turned down a chance to drink a Duvel
. You're bringing back fond memories here
. Another favourite of mine is the Kasteelbier (not sure of the spelling), dark as anyting and 11% strong
,mmmmm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts