SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
@Bigblock , could you please identify these two cars for me?
hello friend , a little bit late in my answer but I was out from home for a few days .

The first one is , but I can be wrong , an Alfa Romeo 8C 2900CC around 1937/38
the story of this Alfa's kit is pretty curious .
This particular car was issued in a very limited edition by a french sloter , Bordeaux's meeting participant , I think his name was Yves Chapoutier ?
( May Don Siegel know him ?)
But I think MMK edited this car also ..
Mine was offered by a friend and slotcars collector but is not a "Chapoutier" and not a "MMK" , could be a "Profil 24" prototype ...
the chassis was well planned to receive an engine and a slot transmission but there was nothing for a guide ....

the second one is a BMW superleggera 328 Touring , same period around 1938/39 .
The BMW is a (splendid) resin kit issued a long time ago by Lovespeed , a german enthusiast , but he closed since many years ...unfortunately....

ps: please feel free , do not hesitate to correct if I am wrong or if you have more precise informations

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
hello friend , a little bit late in my answer but I was out from home for a few days .

The first one is , but I can be wrong , an Alfa Romeo 8C 2900CC around 1937/38
the story of this Alfa's kit is pretty curious .
This particular car was issued in a very limited edition by a french sloter , Bordeaux's meeting participant , I think his name was Yves Chapoutier ?
( May Don Siegel know him ?)
But I think MMK edited this car also ..
Mine was offered by a friend and slotcars collector but is not a "Chapoutier" and not a "MMK" , could be a "Profil 24" prototype ...
the chassis was well planned to receive an engine and a slot transmission but there was nothing for a guide ....

the second one is a BMW superleggera 328 Touring , same period around 1938/39 .
The BMW is a (splendid) resin kit issued a long time ago by Lovespeed , a german enthusiast , but he closed since many years ...unfortunately....

ps: please feel free , do not hesitate to correct if I am wrong or if you have more precise informations
Thank you Bigblock for your answer!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I love the shot of the Bentley Boys lined up. If you have a bar on the premises, they would be trouble!

When Bentley (Audi) returned to Le Mans in the modern era, I went to the race with some friends. We had arranged to meet someone at La Boule D'Or cafe/bar at Mulsanne, and when we arrived there was a Bentley line up just like that outside partly on the pavement. There was also a Frazer Nash and something more modern like a Lotus XI - all in British Racing Green. A splendid sight for a Brit. I regret not taking a photo, but here is the cafe anyway!

Window Sky Building Door Gas

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
More wonderful pictures of super models, Whitworth. Rather interesting diorama, too. More pics of your cars and track would be interesting if possible, please.

·
Administrator
9,906 Posts
Yep, we walked on the banking, or the bits left of it, back in 2000 at Jeff Davies' rail racing meeting at Brooklands - very, very impressive! And no, I don't think I'd want to drive an over-powered, under-tyred monster on that track...

Don

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've only managed two so far which fit into this category
FIAT S76 and GN Thunderbug
I'm sure everyone will remember them from previous posts
FIAT is balsa wood, plasticard and anything else lying around
Thunderbug is mostly plasticard