SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Guys
I think we,ve been down this path before
If you notice the adress on the literature it is 335a staion road harrow
you may already know that SRM cars were made in harrow and indeed the SRm works is still there
It seemed beyond belief that two people making 1/43 scale cars in a relatively small place like harrow ,at the same time would not have some knowledge of each other
So I phoned up sir holburt waring at SRM and what he told me was that preminco was an engineering company in harrow run by a guy called ron VARCoe .If you look at the box in bernards picture you will see a logo which says RHV which stands for Ron H Varcoe
Sir holburt also told me that the original body shells that SRM used ,the dino ferrari and the vanwall were made for SRm by mr varcoe who being a Die cast engineer made the thickness of the shells somewhat excessive and the shells too heavy
So later when SRM did their own cars (Lotus ,BEM cooper .ferrari ) they did their own mouldings which were a lot thinner
Dont know what happened to PREminco .buy next time I,m in harrow i,ll look up 335a station road

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Tom
how do you know that ,i know there are a few irish pubs in harrow ,but are you just guessing ?
cheers tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.