SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all from Spain. I am a slot car collector and I have a very small collection of Exin, some triang, some french cars, and some current production, Tecnitoys and Ninco. Today posting to presentation and ask for help about how it is valued of yellow Ferrari Berlinetta ref. mm/c69 "Made in France". The car has a brown mark on the bonnet, a light bulb does not work, and has repaired a corner of the rear bumper. One expert who can help me with this difficult piece.
I apologize if this is not the correct forum, and for my bad English. Greetings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks, it's a reference. Could you give me more details about the car?, I think it was manufactured in the factory of "Calais" in France, but in what year/years, 1963?, How many were made?, Sold only in track set or with individual box also. Greetings.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello,

implied by the data and characteristic of that car, the logical range of manufacture of that car could go from "after making the Ferrari 250 GT in England" (> or = 1963) and "before James Bond version set is manufactured "(<or = 1967). I agree with other answers

The case of Scalextric_France could be divided into 4 phases theoretical:

1º English Importing models tri-ang
2 º English model making tri-ang
3 º own Meccano Model making
4 º S Meccano manufacturing system

Only case 3 º is properly studied / known by the books.

This car belongs to the 2nd type.

Hola,

por los datos implícitos y caracterísitcas de ese coche, el rango lógico de fabricación de ese coche podría ir desde " después de la fabricación del Ferrari 250 GT por Scalextric en Inglaterra " ( > or = 1963 ) y " antes de que se fabricase la versión del set de James Bond " ( < or = 1967 ) . Estoy deacuerdo con el resto de respuestas.

El caso de Scalextric y Francia podría dividirse en 4 fases teoricas :

1º importación de modelos ingleses tri-ang
2º fabricación de modelos ingleses tri-ang
3º fabricación de modelos propios Meccano
4º fabricación sistema S Meccano

Solo el caso 3º está debidamente estudiado/conocido por los libros.

Este coche pertenece al 2º tipo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Thank you. I ask because I have seen green Berlinetta models with the logo "Made in France", in the case of yellow hasn't "Made in ..." it would be right "model manufactured in France but not owned by Meccano" type 2 ". Gracias "pechuga".

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
QUOTE The case of Scalextric_France could be divided into 4 phases theoretical:

1º English Importing models tri-ang
2 º English model making tri-ang
3 º own Meccano Model making
4 º S Meccano manufacturing system

Only case 3 º is properly studied / known by the books.

This car belongs to the 2nd type.

Depends on what is on the base, if it has a 'Made in England' plug then it may be of type 1, although I have never seen a Yellow 250GT that has this and all the French only parts as described below, I do have a Lt Blue Aston DB4 that has, and that is supposed not to exist!
If It has 'Made in France' then yes, it is type 2, some have no country of manufacture i.e. the plug is blank and these are probably still type 2 .

This is all theoretical though as there is no one who really knows and no records to prove anything, all this info is based on experience.

French made cars of this era can be identified by a few things, the wheels are chrome plated on the back as well as the front, UK wheels were not plated on the back. The French driver's head is more bulbous than the UK one, the RX motor has different windings the wire is more of a red colour than the UK RX's orange windings.
If it still has it's original number roundels then these are of different style than the UK ones. The picture shows typical French Number roundels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts