Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another night of some close racing with mixed fortunes for the top racers. Nice to see Steve J back after a few weeks away. A 'Special Thanks' to Peter for running the show until Averil and I could get to the club.

Also, thanks to Alan who kindly braved race control for the first time and "Yes" we could understand his South African accent, contrary to what people said, thanks mate.

The final results were as follows :-

1. JIM 25 PTS + 1PT FASTEST LAP AND NEW LAP RECORD OF 6.187 SECS.

2.ROGER 23
3.ALEX 21

4.ANDY 20
5. KEN 19
6.MARK 18
7.PETER 17
8.JAMES 16
9.BERT 15
10.VIV 14
11.GRANT 13
12.ROY 12
13.ALAN 11

14.STEVE 10
15.BRIAN 9

See you all next week for Standard Sports/GT and who is brave enough to predict they are going to beat Jim.
Have a great week. Mike

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
I dont see any people called 'Trot' in tonights results? That comment made me laugh!

Great to see the club still growing and doing well. Not long now Mike till I'm back!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know when you pass your test Jon and what night will be your first back at Presto. Then i will clear the top car park in case your reversing skills aren't too polished.

Will be nice to see you back. Mike

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Will do mate. You might as well go and hide in your cupboard under the stairs, at least you will safe there from my driving

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Hi Alan good to see South Africans are getting around,MY BROER.Winter is setting in now , Very chilly this evening.
Regards, Hilton Melck Weltvreden park

------------------------------------------------
Hilton you pressed report post rather than reply

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Hilton. Alan is a very valued member of Presto Park and he is helping the members understand his South African accent and we are helping him understand our very broad Norfolk country accent. As soon as any member comments on his accent my wife jumps in to 'protect him' (haven'y quite worked out why she is sooo protective) but he has broad shoulders and takes it all in good heart. Great to think that Presto Park is known World Wide.

Alans friend Russell Sheldon is coming over for my Classic Race in October do you know him? Why not come over with a team from SA. I never knew it got cold in SA !!

Hope Alan reads this post, he used to race at the Durban Club with Russell. Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Guys, I actually enjoy the gentle ribbing about my accent. If you cannot understand my English I can always try Afrikaans or Zulu.

As regards my "swaying" on the driver's stand; just wait until October when Russell is here! He needs lots of space for his elbows.

It is quite impossible to take offence at the teasing at Presto because I have always been made to feeel most welcome and the friendly atmosphere which Mike and Averil have created is wonderful. Our reason for settling in North Norfolk was largely down to the people here and the friends which I have made at the Club has proven that we made the right decision.

Hilton, thank you for your kind words - if you think that Joburg is chilly, try the weather here. As soon as Spring appears all the convertables are riding around with the tops down - even though it's only 6 degrees!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts