SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after months of searching Averil and I have now found a new and much larger premises for Presto Park. The deal was finalised this morning.
The new premises are four times the size of our current club room.

Building work will be commencing the beginning of July with an anticipated completion of that work early Summer.

Presto Park will remain functional until 31st July when we will be vacating our old premises and the fun begins. The last club race at Presto being 27th July.

The circuit will be lengthened considerably, and will have a complete repaint and sections re-braided to blend in with the new track sections.

The Presto Park Classic Race in October SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED by this move and should offer even more challenging races for the visiting drivers.

The new club premises will be far closer to Norwich itself which will help our members who have travelled a long way in the past to support Presto and also to increase membership in the area where the club is located. Having been let down twice before I won't be disclosing the location until the work starts and i have the key but i have agreed with the current owner that we have a deal.

This is a very exciting time for Presto Park as many of you who have visited us know how tight the club room can be, which can be cosy to say the least. The building itself has deteriorated immensley since we have been at our present location so the move has come at a good time. We are lucky that our new landlord is a massive Motorsport fan and will take an active interest in helping Presto go forward and expand.

I will keep you all updated as to the progress of the move and circuit build and look forward to welcoming old and new faces to our new club room and circuit.

Mike

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Way hay, that IS good news.
Nearer Norwich is even better
. Well done to you both, Can,t wait to see it. I hope to get over Wednesday for A,Muscle.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, really pleased John it has been a long time coming. Notice given in today for present 'Tumble Down Raceway'
So things should start moving very soon. Premises is 1600 square feet so can extend the track as well. See you Wednesday. Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
486 Posts
QUOTE (Yazoo @ 17 Jun 2011, 22:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are lucky that our new landlord is a massive Motorsport fan and will take an active interest in helping Presto go forward and expand.
Mike

Tony Hernandez? Now that would be a coup! He has a quite nice 'industrial unit' at Hingham (not that it is any nearer Narridge...)

Even as an ENSCA addict, I'm all ears as to just what you have planned.

scalexkid

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Scalexkid. Yes will keep SF members updated as we progress with the move and new circuit build. Mike

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
QUOTE (Yazoo @ 17 Jun 2011, 23:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally after months of searching Averil and I have now found a new and much larger premises for Presto Park.

Dont you mean years mate? I can remember that you were talking when I first joined about moving!

Just wanted to say that, that is great news, four times the size sounds ideal, with plenty of scope for enlarging the circuit. Count me in if you need help with the move, setting up the place, and if you need any paint, give me a shout;-)

See you soon
Regards
Jon

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jon, many thanks mate. There will be sooo much work to do to restore the old circuit and build the new bits. Will keep you updated via SF.

From looking at my 'to do' list i will have a job for everyone of all abilities so your offer is accepted thankyou. Averil is excited as she will now actually have a kitchen instead of a hole in the corner!

Keep in touch. Mike

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Great news Mike hopefully track will be a little closer for me

It does not seem that long that we were putting the existing track together and i will hopefully be able to help once again.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Andy, thanks mate for the offer of help. The more members who can help the quicker we will be racing again. Yes it will be quite a bit closer for you, John G and Jim.

Hi Mike. Strange you should say about the old Presto Monster i was only looking at the original plans yesterday.
The circuit was 186 ft long with a main straight of 36 ft, they were the days.
I hope to extend the track to twice its size (140 ft) BUT not at the expense of space available for marshals and drivers. We need more space for the social side of the race meetings.

Will update SF as we progress.

Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Work is due to begin on the new club room next Monday 4th July.
Having spoken to our landlord the site will be cleared, walls, sockets and wiring will be the first jobs to be done , followed by a ceiling and water supply.

The new club room will located at Pinewood Farm, Shortthorne Rd, Stratton Strawless which is very near to the Horsford Road out of Norwich just 5 minutes from the airport.

Will keep you all updated as things progress.

Mike

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks John. Brit Cars tonight. should be good with all cars pretty much the same. At least with Jim away we may stand a chance. Mike

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been to see club room this morning and it's looking good
. Move from current premises to new one will now take place on Saturday 13th August, so two more meetings at Bushey Place. Mike

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally moved in today. New temporary track installed and old track ready for restoration and the extention work starts next week. The new track layout has been marked on the floor to give everyone some idea of the layout and it looks awesome. Mike

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Congratulations, Mike!

I'd love to see some photos of the new clubroom and the temporary track.

Can you please also post a diagram of the new track?

Many thanks,

Russell

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Russell, I'll send Alan some pics on his pm so he can forward them to you (Can't use this blessed photo bucket thingie)

When i get the new track plan back from Steve who is putting it onto a disc for the CAD work i will try some how to send you a copy. The track design was a joint effort between three of us, as i wanted to get it right. having chalked it on the floor with the old sections in place i was amazed how great it looked. I think everyone who visits us will enjoy the new circuit as it has a nice flow and is challenging also. Will keep you posted via Alan. Cheers. Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts