SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a finale for Presto's last race on the old track at the old clubroom. Twenty three drivers contested this round of the Pro Sports/Gt event and there were some excellent drives by our new Junior members, courtesy of Peter who supplied some tweaked cars for them to use. Thanks Peter. Alan was on fire tonight smashing the old lap record three times and setting a final time of 5.277 secs only to find his motor pod had cracked and he had to revert to his spare car for his final heat. This car having different rear tyres which weren't a patch on his first cars tyres - this seems to make a big difference at Presto. Some fantastic drives by Alex with the NSR Mosler
who soon will be leaving the Juniors and moving up to the clubs Senior class, but should hold his own in their company.
Nice to see Jon G back at Presto now he has passed his driving test and don't need to be driven everywhere by his Dad.
Also good to see our lady racer Lauren back with her Dad,
now regular racers again at Presto.
The results of tonight's finals are as follows:-

ANDY 25 PTS

KEN 23
ALEX 21
PETER 20
JIM 19
ROGER 18
JOHN G 17
ALAN 16 + 1PT FASTEST AND NEW LAP RECORD OF 5.277 SECS

SHAUN 15
JAMES 14
MARK 13
LAUREN 12
RICHARD 11
MIKE 10
ALF 9
VIV 8
GRANT 7
BERT 6
ROY 5
ANDREW 4
JAMES 3
HARRY 2
OLI 1.

Next week should see us in our new club room for American Muscle (builders permitting) but I will confirm to each of you by email what is happening. It should be fun, a new temporary track kindly loaned by Peter should be up and running until the new extended track is finished.

See you all next week. Mike

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Great night's racing - I will miss the old track with its 'flat over crest into 130 left tightens..' - looking forward to similar racing on the new track.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Got to back up Ken's comments really Mike, it's been a great few years racing at the clubs present location, and the change from Scalextric to this new wooden surface in 2009 was the right move, and really has made this into a great track!

Remember to good old days on Classic F1's on the plastic track...

Looking forward to seeing the new location,
Jon

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jon, this really is an exciting time for the club. It will be a lot of work but lots of members have offered help which should cut down the rebuild time no end. I'm looking more forward to doing the scenery rather than building the track itself, but that is a long way off.

Jim and Peter have come up with some great ideas for the new circuit layout which should stop the problem of cars de-slotting under the bridge and the head room of the flyover bridge will be raised slightly to keep Shaun happy so he can run his trucks round. Hopefully we can double the size of the track. Mike

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
You did mention you wanted to have a flowing track. If you want some inspiration, have a look at this thread HERE, it wil take up you morning reading that!

I'll be more than happy to come up and lend a hand, drop me a line about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts