SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight saw Round 2 of the Standard Sports/Gt class with 15 drivers taking part. To try and pick a driver of the evening would be difficult as one of our Junior members Oli drove extremely well to win two of his heats placing him in the B final, his highest ever final so well done to him.

The A final started well for our present club champion Jim K but after getting caught up in someone elses accident Jim struggled to pull back the first place he was holding prior to the shunt. Richard H capitalised on this taking his first ever A final win at Presto Park, having raced with us for several years. Well done to him too.

Jim still set the fastest lap time of the evening at 8.498 secs beating his previous lap record of 9.209 and was only about 1/100th of a second slower than the Pro Sports class.

The race results are as follows:-

RICHARD H 25 PTS
JIM 23 + 1PT FASTEST LAP.
PETER 21
ALEX 20
VIV 19
OLI 18
ALF 17
ROGER 16
LAUREN 15
SHAUN 14
MIKE 13
JAMES H 12
ROY 11
CHRIS 10
DAVE 9

Next week sees the return of NASCARS. The current lap record stands at 9.918 secs, hope you can make it. Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well done Richard. Your consistency, and consistently fast times paid off.

Unfortunate for JK, wrong place wrong time. Maybe JP had been thinking 'by law of averages ....'
. Hopefully such incidents wont happen on the new track layout as the start/finish will be on a straight, far enough away (hopefully) from any corners or flyovers to avoid the same thing happening.

Well done Oli. Another young driver shows what he can do if he concentrates on driving the car and has a half decent car to drive - especially as it was 'only' one of the club cars that was being moaned about last week! BTW, Oli, please use sandpaper, not a scalpel, when prepping your cars!

Well done Viv for building his own controller complete with buttons for brakes, power, and sensitivity - and it worked, judging by his driving last night! Perhaps, when he's satisfied with the prototype he might like to see what price he could do them for as I'm sure some of the members would benefit from being weened off the club controllers - that's of course assuming he'd want to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys oli here

many thanks to peter for lending me his car and everybody giving me the advice that i desperately needed hopefully more people will come next week

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm quite happy to build or help build another controller if anyones interested. Your also quite welcome to have a go with it, just remember to wear some thick rubber soles.

I haven't add all the costs up yet but i think i've spent around £70 and that includes the Parma controller that i've used.

See you next week.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shame some of our regulars were away for this meeting, as it had a lot of closely fought races. I meant to say in the race report that Viv drove really well and seems to be improving each week
- even with out his new controller. A fine 5th place in this meeting. Viv is one to watch out for this year. Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts