SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Lower numbers than normal tonight with members being ill and recovering from motorcycle crashes - get well soon Mark, hope the hand is healing.

Tonight was our second Gt3 round which generated some interesting results.The E finalists were Shane, Keith, new member Ray and John M with Shane taking the win which allowed him to move up to the D final.Well done mate.
clap.gif

The D finalists were Shane, Theo, Ashley and new member Alan H who secured a well deserved win putting him into the C final.
clap.gif
Ashley had a difficult night and was much better than finding himself in the D final.
lmfao.gif

The C final consisted of Leon, Alan H, Tone' and Alf with Alf putting up a brave fight against the A class cars,
thumbsup.gif
when at times his McLaren was quicker in some sections of the circuit than the A class cars, but giving away over 4000 rev's to the A cars. Tone won the C final and moved up to the B final. well done to him a well deserved win.
clap.gif
Alans car was down on power and he should have been better placed had it not been for the motor issue.

The B final was an all A class car final with John D, James, Tone' and Skippy. James capitalised on his knowledge of the circuit to take the B final win from John D second, Skippy third and Tone forth.

This just left the A final. Mike having scored three heat wins and a second place found himself against the all charging James, with two wins, one second a one retirement and Lyle who had scored three second places and one win with Adam two wins and two second places.

The cars left the grid in a tight formation and as usual carnage soon arose on lap two leaving Mike the victim trailing now in forth place, one lap down
lmfao.gif
. Mike fought hard gaining ground lap after lap but Adam in second position was in there too putting James under enormous pressure. Lyle determined to improve his position was now in third place chasing Adam hard followed by Mike. Then it all went wrong for James, a lose wheel caused yet another retirement
lmfao.gif
and Adam nipped through to first place driving brilliantly to hold off the chasing pack. Mike determined not to be beaten pressured Lyle to make a mistake a took second place.

All in all a good night but it just shows that just one 'off' in either the A or B class it is very difficult to recoup time lost from that error.

Really pleased to see Adam take an A final win for this class which has been a long time coming.Well done mate you drove really well.

Tonights final placings were as follows:-

A Class.

Adam 25 pts

Mike 23

Lyle 21

James 20 + 1pt fastest lap of 6.301 sec's

John D 19

Skippy 18

Tone 17

Leon 16

Alan H 15

Ash 14

B Class.

Alf 25pts + 1pt fastest lap of 7.140 sec's

Shane 23

Theo 21

John M 20

Keith 19

Ray 18

Next Tuesday is our practise night from 7 to 10pm follwed on Wednesday by Slot it's.

See you all next week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Greetings form Cumbria.........

Looks like I missed a great night with Adam taking the overall win, is this his first???? .Even if it isn't heartiest congratulations as it never easy to beat the seasoned club members in any class let alone the GT3. Well done Adam. Weather is nearly as dire as my driving so you all know that means little sunshine and lots of rain and storm clouds. Still look on the bright side will be racing again nest week and a bonus on Tuesday,no excuse for not having a car properly set up. Due to my inability to read Pendle's web site about shop opening times I may not get to visit as I had intended. Do you think Shelagh would swallow a Sat. Nav. malfunction Mike, perhaps not, we will see.

regards to all.

Iain

·
Registered
60 Posts
You are correct Iain it is my first overall win and i am proper chuffed about it. Now i jusy want a overall win in the american musscle and i will have hit my years target lol.

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Greetings form Cumbria.........

Looks like I missed a great night with Adam taking the overall win, is this his first???? .Even if it isn't heartiest congratulations as it never easy to beat the seasoned club members in any class let alone the GT3. Well done Adam. Weather is nearly as dire as my driving so you all know that means little sunshine and lots of rain and storm clouds. Still look on the bright side will be racing again nest week and a bonus on Tuesday,no excuse for not having a car properly set up. Due to my inability to read Pendle's web site about shop opening times I may not get to visit as I had intended. Do you think Shelagh would swallow a Sat. Nav. malfunction Mike, perhaps not, we will see.

regards to all.

Iain
Iain,

I believe Pendle's in Nelson is open Friday and Saturday, and any other day by prior arrangement for travellers and visitors to the region. Ring before travelling. 01282699737 - normal office hours. They will open just for you!!!!!! Tone

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great win for Adam, sadly I couldn't give Mike a race in the final due to my car getting slower each lap. James' car decided it had had enough racing for the night otherwise I'm sure he'd been challenging for the win

1 - 5 of 5 Posts