Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to first tell everyone that KEN MASON won the very first race at the new premises of Presto Park Slot Club tonight on our new temporary track kindly loaned to the club by Peter one of our members.

Before I move on to the race report i must say a very big thank you to Peter and Jim who worked tirelessly with me over the past three days to help make tonights meeting happen after our move on Monday, thank you guys.

As usual there were minor hicups with the move like we had no electricity or lighting on until this afternoon, the wood wasn't delivered as promised Monday - so no work pit benches, and Averil had no water either, so back to the plastic water container again for tonight only.

As we now have a concrete floor until we get it covered (at least it isn't rotten as the previous club room ) most of the old un's were complaining of aching legs , so thanks to Peter again they had chairs to sit on.

Everyone liked the size of the new club room and many drivers commented on how good, flat and level Peters track was, so if we have to use it for a few months until the new track is built it doesn't matter. It was nice to see Dan (NSR) pay us a visit together with Jon G
and we hope to see more of them when the new circuit is completed.

As usual Jim went out and blitzed everyone with lap after lap of new lap records, his fastest being 4.827 secs.

The final race positions and points are as follows :-

JIM 25 PTS + 1PT FASTEST LAP

ALAN 23
DAN 21
JON G 20
KEN 19
MARK 18
PETER 17
ROGER 16
CHRIS H 15
RICHARD H 14
MIKE 13
JAMES H 12
ALF 11
DAVE 10
GRANT 9
JAMES T 8
ROY 7
VIV 6
HARRY 5

Tomorrow sees more work on the old track and we hope to start building the new pit benches which should cater for 45 drivers.

Thanks to all those that supported our first night at the newly named Presto Park Slot Club and hope to see you next week for NASCAR. Have a great week. Mike

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi Mike

Both me and Dan really enjoyed last night, the racing was good and close, on what was a great litle track. As the grip built up, it got better and better.

Pretty chuffed to qualify for the A Final, even if a few off's slowed me down a bit

The new facility is great, and should be good when it is all done. I'm looking forward to watching the progression.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've posted a few photos of the track on the 'Track and Scenery' forum.

It was great for me to see my track being used for what I built it for - being raced on, not sat in my shed and garage.

Hopefully it will be big enough and interesting enough (most drivers seemed to enjoy "driftin'" around the 8 foot diameter, 270 degree curve, and the downhill off camber corner proved to be a challenge) to keep members interested until the new track is ready.

I was pleasantly surprised how good the grip was considering it was effectively a virgin track, as I doubt a school fete and a stag day would have laid much rubber!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would like to say thank you for an enjoyable evening last night.

I really enjoyed racing on Peter's track, Especially the long sweeping corner.

I think I was very surprised to get into the A final but it just goes to show how competitive you can be with a standard scalextric Aston Martin.

The new premises were superb even though there is obviously a long way to go.

Once again thanks and hope to see you again soon.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts