SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fourteen drivers battled it out for final points available for the 'Goodwood Cup' implemented this year as an additioinal class at Presto Park. The finals on the night gave the following points to competing drivers:-

CLASS A.

JON GRAINGER 25

JIM K 24
MARK 23
ROGER 22
VIV 21

CLASS B.

ALAN 25

PETER 24
ANDY 23
ALF 22
GRANT 21
JAMES T 20
OLI 19
ROY 18
JAMES H 17

The overall class A Champion is Jim K 72 pts
, second place Roger 67 pts

The overall class B Champion is Alan 73 pts
, second place Andy 69 pts

Next week is the Presentation Evening followed by racing with club cars which is a non championship event.

Wishing all my members a Great Christmas and a Peaceful New Year. Mike

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alf, the full list of final placings for the Championship will be available at the presentation evening on 28th December. But as you asked you finished 5th with 52pts. Only 3 pts seperated 3rd to 5th places.

I must say I am dissappointed that The Goodwood Cup was not selected as a class for 2012 at the AGM as I think its been a great closely contested series. Mike

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Totally agree Mike, I love these cars! We had a small event last night for the same class and it was great fun. Maybe we can get together and organise some extra meetings at Presto and Norwich...say a couple of rounds at each during next year?? It seems such a waste to have gorgeous GT40s, P68s and 917s plus big banger CanAms lying around unused.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just out of interest, what's stopping anyone running their 'gorgeous GT40s, P68s and 917s' in the (Pro) Sports GT class?

They can all be got as NSRs and/or Slot It so there's no reason why most of us can't get them to run as competitive cars. They may not win every race but just think how gorgeous they'd look going round the track.

I'll be happy to support an inter-club Goodwood Cup competition, although I doubt if my Fly Porsche 911 will be able to keep up.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Good point Peter but as you say they are not quite as fast as the NSR anglewinder Moslers etc. It's kind of nice to race knowing you have a chance of winning
That's why it would be good to have a mini-series for them where the field is a bit more even....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Problem is you may end up with a grid of NSRs (probably 917s) for people to feel they have a chance of winning.

My only chance of finishing in front of another car is if you race that gorgeous Fly Jagermeister BMW M1 you bought off me - but I'll still race

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As many of you know my Dad passed away in October and was greatly involved in the new track at Presto Park, but unfortunately never saw it finished. Today i received an email from Alan who made a great suggestion that my Dads Memorial Race next October could be a 'Goodwood Cup' type event. My Dad loved those cars so i think it very fitting that is what the event will be in his memory. Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.