SlotForum banner

Presto Park Slot Club

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Yazoo 
#1 ·
After several weeks of a lot of hard work tonight saw the first practise/test night on our new circuit. Thirteen drivers attended to rubber in the new track which ran faultlessly all evening. Many of the drivers commented on how much they liked the new circuit and how nicely it flowed, in particular 'Seymour Swerve' a very fast esses which when rubbered in may be able to be taken flat - if you are brave.

My thanks must go to Peter who spent many hours with me building the circuit and decorating the club room. Also my thanks to Alf, Viv, Mark and our junior member Oli who also gave up their time to help on several evenings and weekends, without the help from these members the construction and decoration would have taken much longer.

Hopefully next Wednesday we will be back to normal racing, that is if the recording sensors arrive on time.

Next Wednesday is Standard Saloons, hope you can all make it.

Mike

#2 ·
I paint the walls and what happens? He puts banners and posters all over them!

I even helped him with the scenery - but not the grass - he sneaked that in when I wasn't looking so it's not my fault if you get grass on your tyres.
To be fair, it's no one's fault except your own if you have an off into the grass areas - bit like not moaning at the marshal.

A bit less filler dust and a bit more rubber and cars will be flying round - probably Alf's off the flyover and through the letter box!

Let's hope the 'Seymour swerve' becomes as popular and as challenging a feature as the 'Harvey High-road' flyover.
(Sorry, best I could think up)

"back to normal racing" !! That sounds good to me - racing toy cars and having fun.

See y'all next week.

#4 ·
Sorry Mike - i have the publishing rights on all photos taken at Presto Park and you will have to pay + P & P. Only joking, yes there will be photos of the new track and club room when i've finished the scenery which should be within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure you and Mick K will like the new track when we see you in October.

My problem now is finding someone who can post the pics on Slot Forum.

Oh by the way, I have installed a power supply that even you can't drain at the start of a race !!!

Regards. Mike

#12 ·
Alf. Trust you to post that picture. You told me that when you had a technical problem whilst you were at Team Lotus that is what you did most of the time - drink tea, have a sit down and then the problem seemed to sort itself out. Just following your excellent advice.
Mike

#16 ·
Hi Alf, John and Jon.

I don't know why the Goodwood Cup wasn't popular at Presto last year, as i personally thought it was a great class.

I am holding a 'Roy Harvey Memorial Trophy' race at Presto Park on Wednesday 17th October, in memory for my late Dad who passed away last October - he loved the cars of that era. This will be for Sports/Gt cars of the 1960's/70's as raced at Goodwood each year, but exact details i haven't sorted yet.

It will be great to have you all at Presto to support this event.

Mike

#18 ·
QUOTE (Yazoo @ 4 May 2012, 10:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Alf, John and Jon.

I don't know why the Goodwood Cup wasn't popular at Presto last year, as i personally thought it was a great class.

I am holding a 'Roy Harvey Memorial Trophy' race at Presto Park on Wednesday 17th October, in memory for my late Dad who passed away last October - he loved the cars of that era. This will be for Sports/Gt cars of the 1960's/70's as raced at Goodwood each year, but exact details i haven't sorted yet.

It will be great to have you all at Presto to support this event.

Mike
Hi mike. Your track looks fantastic mate. Good luck with the club for the future.

As for the above event, I would love to be included

Kev G

#20 ·
Please include me too Mike. I love these cars!
Not trying to muscle in on something that is a tribute to your Dad and all respect for that but judging by Kev's post we could perhaps make it a three round series at Presto, Norwich and ASR. Quite understand if you want to just run it at Presto though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.