SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
For around the price of a single car, today I received a bag of very useful bits and pieces from one of our most well-known suppliers - pre-cut copper braids, ultra-flex wire, axle & guide spacers, a selection of different guides and an SCX Pro motor to see if it really is appreciably faster or more powerful than standard. Along with the bits, came a recent car price list and, out of curiosity, I decided tod re-sort the list into ascending price order. I have rounded to the nearest £1 and omitted any clearly marked low priced special offers, high priced imports and limited editions etc

Scalex £20-£30 (inc Sport)
SCX £24-£25
Carrera £25
Pink Kar £27-£29
MRRC £28-£29
Ninco £28
Slot.it £32-£34
Spirit £32-£34
Proteus £33
VMG £33
Fly £32-£46 (some much more)

I don't claim the list is comprehensive because it isn't. It's simply transposed from a list supplied to me and, where there is a big spread of prices from one manufacture, it's very hard, almost impossible, to place accurately in a 'fair' order.
So go ahead and disagree with me - that's what makes for discussion!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ecurie Ecosse's contribution is perhaps the best post I have seen here to date - it's a strong indication that it's time you got your personal column off the ground, Scott!

Must agree with mgcrazy's comments on Carrera - if USA Carrera prices (around $30/£18)were matched in UK, Carrera would automatically be top of almost anyone's 'value' list and make huge waves this side of the pond. Their new range of cars is highly desirable, imho.

Fly is the hardest to place, simply because their prices are all over the place, seemingly without rhyme or reason. I deliberately omitted their £20 models as they are a special deal, created in a reaction to over-stocks in the USA and not part of their 'normal' price structure.

A curious thought - if Fly made movies, would the box office vary the price of tickets, depending on how someone arbitrarily classified the 'value' of the movie? If a new release didn't do as well as expected, could we look forward to half-price tickets by not rushing to the cinema the moment the movie opened?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.