SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Finally I have some time again to work on my permanent track and my cars...and time to rediscover what a great hobby slotsracing is

I've bought a Pro Slot Ferrari 360 and as ususal with Pro Slot cars the gears went after 10 laps on my track so now my plan is to install Slot.it gears...Ive done it on my PS Toyota but would like to hear if someone have some tips, pics experionce etc on how this can be done.

Thanks

Regards

Morten

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
For proslot sidewinders you must buy Slot.it Proslot replacement gears, as they are 1mm smaller in diameter than Fly or Scalextric.

I'd suggest finding some wheels which have a smaller boss than Slot.it as they can make the axel way too wide.

Otherwise, go for it! They are great cars when slot.it-ed up.

McLaren

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I have several Proslot cars all running stock gears. They seem OK after you glue the pinion to the motor shaft.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE (Moqtev @ 5 Dec 2004, 23:01)Ive done it on my PS Toyota but would like to hear if someone have some tips, pics experionce etc on how this can be done.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love my Ferrari 360... now.

I bought it stock from the "scratch & dent section" at recent swap meet. When I got it home I stripped it, got rid of the funky rubber bushing holding the motor pod and glued the pod and chassis together. Once the epoxy set up I milled off the outside of the bearing carrier on the left to allow use of bronze bearings and a Slotit gear set. I then glued a bar magnet directly under the rear axle. I swapped out the EVOII motor, which ran really hot, with a slotit V12 26,000 rpm motor. I replaced the guide with a slotit unit used ground steel axles and black annodized slotit wheels. I turned down the Proslot wheels to use as inserts and was actually able to retain the the brake disks. After getting the car back on the track the only tweek the car needed was a mild magnet behind the guide. The car runs like a scalded cat...

Here's a photo of the car. the paint is can sprayed... the decals are home made.

Greenman62

·
Gary Skipp
6,506 Posts
QUOTE (PeteN @ 6 Dec 2004, 02:22)I have several Proslot cars all running stock gears. They seem OK after you glue the pinion to the motor shaft.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are a lucky man!

Most ProSlot gears that come fitted with cars break almost instantly. The replacement spares seem fine however.................

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
garry the proslot porsche I lent to chris crewe at the pendle porsche challengeis over 2yrs old, still has the orignal spur gear and that won this years b final and finished 2nd o/a in last years race . It does use a slot it pinion though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes! thanks...thats great to hear. Great job Greenman. My plans is to do like you except that my plan is to fit the danish guy Kais wheels on mine (mentioned in a recent post). I've done that on the Toyota and they are just great.

regards

Morten

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 6 Dec 2004, 18:44)Hi Grah

Said 'most' not 'all' and generalised 'gears' as both pinon and crown/spur.

There will always be exceptions!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree with this. I have a F 355 and F360 Proslot and both of mine did not brake the pinion. I did replace them with the blue Scalextric pinion simply because we race them and of the 30 or more Pro Slots in our group mine are the only ones to not require pinion replacement. I imagine they would let go during a race which I don't need.

My 360 had a slipping spur gear so I glued it to the hub and axle. Has been fine ever since.

I had a front axle brake on my 355 so I replaced it with a set of Fly axles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Morten,

i have changed the complete chassis and used a slot.it HRS chassis together with BWA axle, wheels and Ortmann tires. I'm sure the guys from the slotforum birthday party remember how fast that car is.

Regards
Klaus
OVERDRIVE Slotservice

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Oh yes!

We remember!

And we also remember some talk of Klaus never having raced at a competitive event before

Mr.M

We also remember being dazzled by that Stratos.

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I've also had slipping spur gears on Proslot cars, but I think that the sidewinder gears might be a tad more reliable than the inline gears, which can be really bad. With my own 360 I decided to pep it up a bit with a 35k MRRC motor, and I put the magnet under the rear axle, having made a new axle from brass so as to eliminate the drag from the magnet on the steel one, and with some weight up front it was pretty darn quick. Then for the (non-mag) Wrexham Ferrari Challenge, I took the magnet out, put in Slot.it axles, gears and hubs and installed a Ninco sprung guide and smaller front tyres. I also glued up the floating (i.e.wobbly) motor mount. It ended up such a nice quick car that I've left it like that, in the hope that it'll get to race somewhere else some day. I really should get another one before they disappear altogether.

Mooster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts