SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The evening's racing was dominated by Alex who not only won the A Final but also set a new lap record at 6.330s. The A Final started at a furious pace with Alex and Jim racing side by side until the inevitable collision in the Swerves set Jim back by several metres and allowed Peter into second place. Under the circumstances Peter did well to hold his nerve whilst under pressure from a fast recovering Jim.

Interestingly Alex has never even removed the body from his car. Maybe there is a lesson here - buy a car, remove it from the box and race it!

The results were: -

1 - Alex - 25 pts + 1 pt (fastest lap)
2 - Peter - 23 pts
3 - Jim - 21 pts
4 - Roger - 20 pts
5 - Alan - 19 pts
6 - Viv - 18 pts
7 - Mike - 17 pts
8 - James H - 16 pts
9 - Jordan - 15 pts
10 - Oli - 14 pts
11 - Alf - 13 pts
12 - James T - 12 pts
13 - Ken - 11 pts
14 - Roy - 10 pts
15 - Keith - 9 pts
16 - Chris - 8 pts
17 - Dave - 7 pts

Next week : 15th August - Standard Saloons

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well done Alex - an excellent drive of a very fast car

NSR's are usually good 'out of the box', but I think the Anniversary Mosler may be be an exceptionally good example. Most cars need glueing and trueing at least

The Seymour Swerve giveth and the Seymour Swerve taketh away. I may have been given the lead (briefly) by the coming together in the Swerve, but Alex was much quicker than me through there so it was just a matter of time before he took a well deserved win.

I can't remember the last time I finished ahead of Jim, and I'll probably be saying the same thing the next time it happens. In every class, he is the driver to beat.

If any of last night's drivers of standard sports cars were considering getting a 'Pro-Sport' car, then perhaps they could be encouraged to get Slot It's as, if the Slot It class were to be adopted for next year, then the Slot It would be eligible, and reasonably competitive, in two classes - good economy.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
A great nights racing last night. Nice to see three members of the Leicester BSCRA club pay us a visit.

As for the Slot it class for next year, Kens car went extremely well until it fell to bits, BUT was keeping up with the Moslers. I don't think it was the standard inline chassis but even so the car was very good.

It would be interesting to know before our yearly meeting how many members would be prepared to buy these Slot it cars to run as a separate class - perhaps you can have a word around Peter when you come to the club next.

Really pleased to see Alex win the A final,
the car has been awesome from the minute he opened the box and beating Jims lap record was fantastic too.

Perhaps the practise night on Tuesday was a help for him.

See you all next week for Standard Saloons. Mike

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not standard at all I'm afraid - its got a Scaleauto motor in an angle winder pod with F22 tyres etc. But I would back up what Peter has been saying about the inline class - they do provide great racing, are pretty cheap and best of all are lovely to drive. The chassis is very forgiving and although the motor is not the fastest I bet they would be quick round the Presto track.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks Ken. i didn't have a chance to speak to you about your car last night but I thought it was excellent. Also, the driver does help!
Thanks for sharing what you did to the car.
Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would just repeat that, although the Slot It in an inline 21.5k short can set up would have it's own class, it would also be eligible for the Pro-Gt class - and would be reasonably competitive even in the inline setup.

My impression is that the Slot It's are at least as fast as any NSR at Norwich Slot Racing, so with a little extra cost the Slot It car could have an upgrade to make it even faster for the Pro-Gt. This could be as simple as swapping in a different motor mount, motor and gears.

I have my McLaren set up as inline so I'd be happy for anyone to have a try with it to see just how good the Slot Its are out of the box.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The Slot.It motor pods are very versatile and also fit other cars like the Racer Sideways Capri which is how I an mine at Norwich Slot Racing on Monday - admittedly again with an angle winder pod....

It was really interesting last night at Presto to see how NSR Moslers dominated, whereas at Norwich they are no long on the pace. Horses for courses of course and the Presto track is bit twistier and you run the cars at a lower voltage - maybe that has something to do with it...It would be interesting to see how Alex's Mosler performs at Norwich.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Mike, the Nissan 390 you tried last week, and liked, is set up as it would be out of the box. The only difference is the F22 tyres which would be the control tyres for the class.

The McLaren is also set up as out of the box and to current (NSR) regulations. The only special treatment the McLaren has had is the black and gold paint scheme.

As far as finding out on race night who would be interested in buying a Slot It ....

- It is just not feasible to do any asking on race nights as everyone is (and should be) only interested in racing, so I will prepare a poster with pictures, to describe and show the intended proposal for a new class and how the cars can be used for both the new class, and potentially upgraded for the Pro-GT.

- At around £35 for a Slot It kit (£42-£44 for painted), they are no more expensive than, say, a Scalextric/SCX etc. OK, the F22 tyres (two sets) will add another £5 to that, but then the car can be used for two classes.

- My earlier comment did specifically say 'if any of last night's drivers of standard sports cars were considering getting a 'Pro-Sport' car', so I'm not suggesting, for now, that anyone should go out and buy a Slot It just for the new class, as it may not happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts