SlotForum banner

Problem Pclap Dongle or Chip C

4K views 58 replies 8 participants last post by  DaveLat 
#1 ·
I'm going to tell you the configuration of my system, and then I'm going to tell you the problem I have.
I have a new, black dongle, and set up 3.10 and I have also tried 3.11.
Computer Personal computer Laptop Computer keyboard Peripheral

The Boootloader is v.2.13. The chips are C. (SI-O201C1), and configured with Firm. 3.05 ,car mode oxygen.

Me with the bootloader I can not update the chip, I can see the chip version, and then it directs me towards the dfu to be able to upgrade. That's right?
Font Newspaper Publication Wall Wood

Font Parallel Technology Screenshot Document

With the DFU program I managed to change from 3.05 to 3.06, without problems. I have not been able to upgrade with DFU to firm 3.10, it always gives me error.
Orange Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

The C chips, I can not register them, I get the following message:
Font Recipe Screenshot Natural foods Logo

And when I want to update with the Slot.it APP. At the end of the process in mobile phone hangs.
Always have to do it with DFU. When I put the cars on the track, they work, but when I set up a race with the PC LAP COUNTER (V.5.45 C), it does not detect me that the cars are running. Cars are working, but the PCLAP does not detect them. If I put in the race / track , the cars with chip B (2.14), yes that the PCLAP works without any problem.

In case it helps, to be able to give a solution, if I start the Chrono, the program detects that the car is on the track, it turns grey CAR, but it does not detect anything either. It does not detect the finish pass or the turns. I hope I've explained correctly

I hope I have correctly explained the problem. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Toni,

That was a good explanation.

It is correct that for now you can not update the Firmware of the C-chip via Bootloader. You need the Nordic app, or the Slot IT app.

When you want the 3.10 FW or higher, your chip has to be registered via the app before you can use It. I actually had some problems myself too with Chip registration in app, but we are working on that together with Slot IT. I went the same route and downgraded back to 3.06 with Nordic app.

From your description, when you installed version 3.06, it looks like you selected maybe the SSD or D132 ?

You can check this by putting the car on track and start Bootloader. It will show you the FW version, and in which mode it is. Just click on desired mode (oxigen probably) and try again.

PS; you installed the hall sensor correct?

#3 ·
Hello Minardi. Ok, I upgrade the chip to 3.05 or 3.06 without problems, but the problem with the pclap goes on.
I can not register the chip in the slot.it APP, I have cars with 3.05 and cars with 3.06, and in no way can I get to register the cars. When I first installed it in OXYGEN-SSD, the photo is old, but currently I already have them as in the attached image.
Photo. Textile Wood Font Pattern Technology

They are my first contacts with oxygen, and attached photo in case you can tell me if it is properly installed.
Photo Circuit component Cameras & optics Passive circuit component Electronic engineering Gas

You think it's not PCLAP's problem with chip c?
Dongle 3.10 or 3.11 it's correct?
Thank you.

Attachments

#4 ·
Dongle is correct.

INstall of chip looks ok too, although I have never soldered the ferrite man on the chip directly but on the motor, but should make no difference.

I don't think it is PC lap problem.

So you have magnets installed under the track?

You can also try RCSO2 to see how that reacts (30 day free), there is a test tab to check throttle, button presses etc.

#5 ·
Hello again. Minardi.

I remind you that with B chips, everything works well, I think it's not magnet problem, otherwise it wouldn't work. I have magnets on arrival, Pit Lane entrance, Pit lane exit etccc

To use slot APP or dfu, is it necessary/essential to place the car on top of the magnet?

Did you manage to register the C chips, in the Slot it app?. I have put the 3.06, and the APP still gives me the error "the firmware loaded in this chip is obsolete......."

Does not work well Chrono and pc lap... I'll try the RCSO2. but I thinkkkk ,,,...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did manage to register the C-chip in the app. I was able to give a name and read the FW. But I could not pair it, or put old FW back.

I have a feeling the registration of the C-chip is not working correct, because in Nordic app I see Car chip inactive, after registration. I am currently discussing this with Slot IT.

But when rolled back to 3.06 via Nordic, everything works as expected (C-chip)

Yes it will probably not work with RCSO2, but at least you can use the Test-tab to see what it does.

#7 ·
I can understand that there are problems with chip logging, but I want to know if someone with chip C, is using the PCLAP, and it works properly for you.

I want to know if the LAP PC is not ready for chip C, or if the problem is that otherwise chip c is registered, it does not work properly.

Cars with chip C, work on the track, but the pc lap does not recognize them. I want to know in your opinion what the problem is, otherwise I will stop using the C.

I hope the result that your conversations with Slot It

#16 ·
Have a look at the components that I have arrowed .......

Tire Wheel Circuit component Motor vehicle Automotive tire

They should be laying flat on the PCB ....... I would contact slotit and ask for their opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: TONIPERLA
#17 ·
Hello, you mean put the sensor with the black part down? Like in the drawing?

attachicon.gif
20210308_153630.jpg
Yes, with the black part down, as the others have confirmed.

To make sure the chip is working, and detecting laps properly, there are a couple easy tests you can do.

1) push the car slowly over where the lap counting magnet is. The car *should* jump forward when it detects the magnet. If not, try the next test.

2) drive the car around, and when you cross over the SF line, look at the controller. It should display an "L" in the display if the lap was detected. If not, then look for a reason. In this case, your sensor was upside down.

For the registration and update stuff, I would suggest using the Nordic app and a magnet stuck to the sensor to trigger emergency DFU mode. Install the most recent Type C firmware. Then, remove the magnet and use the slot.it app to register the chip. I posted a thorough set of instructions for this process in the Autonomous car chip thread recently.

#18 ·
Minardi and DaveLat, yesterday I made the change of position of the sensor and now if it is detected by the Chrono of o2, thank you very much.
banana.gif
banana.gif

Now I have the problem with the Pc Lap, or with the dongle (black 3.10),
mad.gif
mad.gif
today I will look for an old dongle from a friend, and I will be able to check if another dongle works or continues to fail.

Gregk, I don't understand what you mean by your comment, I'm not an electronics connoisseur, I'm sorry.
unsure.png

MrFlippant, I made sure the chip works, I made option 1 and option 2, and both have been correct. The chips are working. I had no doubts about the chips, since in the Chrono they work perfectly, (once I've changed your position) marks the times, gives the signal when it is on Pit Lane, etc.... But in PCL, it does not detect the step by goal, etccc times, the cars turn the circuit but the program gives the feeling that it does not receive signal.

MrFlippant, I use the dfu program without problems, and let me update, without putting magnet underneath, leaves me from 305 to 306, and from 306 to 305,
thumbsup2.gif
but I can not install version 310.
wacko.png
I don't know if that's the problem so PcL detection doesn't work

Thank you.
thumbsup.gif

#19 ·
My General configuration it's:

• Dongle Black (not yelow) 3.10 or 3.11, the same problem with PCLAP.
  • Scp3 3.12 b.
  • Boatloader v.2.13
  • car-chip Oxygen 3.06 or 3.05, the same problem.
  • pc Lap v.5.45c.
I'll give you my setup, in case there's anything that's not right.

#20 ·
Very good Toni!

Well I don't know how PC lap works but it looks like it does not recognize the dongle so It can not receive lap information etc. from controller.

If it works in Chrono, and I advice you to try RCSO2 to double check - it has a detection led for the dongle (and not a bad RMS either) and RCSO2 also works, than there is a problem with PC lapcounter not recognizing the dongle. Have you unplugged/plugged in the dongle to try ?

#21 ·
¡Muy bien Toni!

Bueno, no sé cómo funciona PC lap, pero parece que no reconoce el dongle, por lo que no puede recibir información de la vuelta, etc. del controlador.

Si funciona en Chrono, y le aconsejo que pruebe RCSO2 para verificarlo dos veces: tiene un led de detección para el dongle (y tampoco un RMS malo) y RCSO2 también funciona, entonces hay un problema con el contador de vueltas de la PC que no reconoce el dongle . ¿Ha desenchufado / enchufado el dongle para probar?
Hello Minardi,

Yesterday I downloaded and I tried the RCSO2, and the LED immediately detected the dongle without problem.

I don't understand what you're telling me about the RMS.

I have plugged in and unplugged the dongle, in all situations, but although the pclap detects the connected dongle, (green LED), in race mode it does not detect the passage of cars.

I don't know if I should uninstall and reinstall the Pc Lap, I hope someone can give me some idea. Thank you.

CHRONO .
Font Technology Rectangle Parallel Software

PCLAP
Computer Personal computer Font Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.