Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I posted a problem in the Scalextric Sport Digital section, but I guess It gets overlooked there and belongs here, except I don't know how to change It.

Original thread in SSD section.

So the plug does not fit the C7042. Am I overlooking something obvious ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bump,

Hi
I've just ordered this controller & so would also like to know if I need to buy an additional connector?

Chris

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think It can be solved with an extension cord, or just get a knife or drill and make the hole bigger. Still hope I am wrong though.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
over £100 for a throttle that does not fit...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I feel there must have been a mistake made in the manufacturing process. The 3.3V cartrige was produced long after C7042 was released and is specifically made for it. You should contact your supplier and if they can't provide a replacement that fits then PM Maurizio at Slot.it.

Rich

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I don't think It is a manufacturing mistake. The cable and plug are exactly the same as the cartridge I used for the C7030 and come loose in the package. The pin has the right size, but you can't stick the plug in far enough because of the diameter of the plastic around the pin (so yes, Mr Flippants solution will work too). With the C7030 this was not a problem because the connection is nearer to the hole in the casing.

Technically I think It will work though, but for that kind of money and the fact you have to buy a separate cartridge If you upgrade from C7030 to C7042 (so now I have 2 cartridges, one I have no use for anymore), something so obvious as this shouldn't be possible. Maybe they have a separate cable for the C7042 and put in the wrong cable (C7030) in the package, but I have feeling Slot IT thought they are the same cable, and they almost are.

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
I'm sure we have changed the spec for the 3V3 cartridge, and I've just checked a production sample which is OK, so maybe you have a wrong cable. Is it something you can fix, or do you need a spare cable? Where are you from?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I think I can fix If I want, I make the hole bigger in the C7042.
To be sure: The cartridge is not the problem, It's the cable that comes with It.
Have you tried to fit It in a C7042 ? If It fits than there is a wrong cable in my box. Did you make other cables for C7042 than for 7030 ?

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
Hi
Yes, we've changed the cables, I've double checked yesterday with a C7042 and a 3V3 current cable. Maybe the first units were released with the wrong cable, or it's just a wrong cable, other than this I have no clue - I am sorry.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Probably one of the first units than. I peeled of 1-2 mm of the plug with a knife and now It fits, and works. Pretty easy, so If more people might have this problem, this is the easiest solution. Feels good to have the SCP-01 back !

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Just got a brand new complete 3v3 controller ... and likewise, the jack plug casing on the cable is just a little too big for the socket hole in the C7042 so that you can't quite click it in.
So the distributors still have stock with the bad cable (at least in France).

I shouldn't have to hack the plug at this price - email sent to Slot it HQ

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
poor show indeed. Glad you have decided to return it as you should not be expected to start hacking plugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts