SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening
Sorry my first post is a tech one.
Just getting back into slotcars after a 20 year hibernation.

Anyhow
I have recently acquired c7030 powerbase with transformer.

Trouble is I plug it in and............ The screen light ups blue but there is no text.

So is it broken?
And can it be fixed?

Many thanks

I shall introduce myself when I get a moment of not pulling my hair out trying to ge this power base to work lol

Jim

·
Greg Gaub
14,778 Posts
Hello, Jim. Welcome to SlotForum and back to the hobby.

Well, that is an older base, not made in a few years now. Is it broken? Probably in some way. It's also possible the power supply is broken and not supplying enough volts.
If you can try another power supply, that might answer the question. If you have two for it already, try one at a time.
Can it be fixed? In all likelihood, the answer is yes. The question is how much will it cost, and is it worth doing instead of getting the new 6 car base?
Your best bet is to contact RikoRocket and/or RichG to ask them about base repair.
If you bought the base (or set) from a retailer, you can also take it back, though unless they also have old stock to replace it, a refund will be your only option. Even Scalextric/Hornby will not have a replacement for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the replies.
The base came with a joblot of track that I purchased so to be honest it wAs a bonus if it worked .

I shall now go and dig out the soldering iron !

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's was but thanks to the above post it is now fixed.
Although one of the cars is not changing lanes! ( nothing to do with the above base , as it's the same on the 4 car base)
Not the throttle either as it's the same with different one)

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Well the 1.2 was more efficient, even if it had a major tendancy to blow up. If you do blow up the power stage send me a PM, I have dozens of the original chips taken off during SH upgrades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts