SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to run Carreras Dodge Daytona and Plymouth Superbird on my Sport track but for some reason they do not want to go.

They are completely lifeless until I remove both magnets. Without magnets they have power while they are stood on the powerbase section of track but as soon as they cross over onto the next track piece they die.

I have a stock Sport set-up with Prof Motor controllers but I have also tried the Scaley ones.

Other cars such as Scaley Minis and GT40, Ninco Austin Healey, Fly 917's run just fine (none of these cars have been tuned in any way).

It seems like the Carrera cars need more power to get them moving (especially as I had a bit of improvement after removing the mags) but surely this isnt the case ?

I had also wondered if I had bad track connections but the other cars mentioned run perfect (no hint of power loss anywhere on the track).

I am perplexed....can anyone out there offer some suggestions please ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, it was indeed the braid set-up. The braids were bowed out away from the centre line of the guide like Poroits moustache. As soon as I had pinched them in tight and level with the guide blade they ran perfectly.

Thanks for the advice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.