SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

The problem I am having is very recent, when I use the Ford Gt car it comes de-slotted when I try to switch lanes on all lane changes, and where it de-slots it leaves the lane switch open

I have tried using the car with new tires, original tires, different remote,different car on the original remote ford gt used, turning the track on and off.

Could it be the decoder/infrared light going bad or guide blade?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried with 2 new guide blades one from the ford gt box and another from a lambo box and still didnt work, I even tried using a new board to no avail

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
Are you running w/o magnets? If so, some weight in the front of the car may help. Closing the lane change gate is purely mechanical, so your problem is very unlikely to have anything to do with the digital chip.

I had one 997 RSR which would like to de-slot when changing lanes. That particular car was fixed by lowering the front end (smaller profile tires) and adding some weight to the nose.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
If you still have the magnets in- adding weight won't do much. The forward magnet provides more down force than you can add. Unless you sit a book on the roof of the car. LOL.

I don't have one of those Ford GTs, but Carrera chassis are generally lacking in adjustment opportunity. Is there any way you can lower the nose by changing the tire profile or raising the front axle with spacers, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've tried using the original tires in the front as they are lower then the new tires (paul gage)

By any chance could the car be carrying to much speed with the new tires to make the lane change?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the same exact issue when the car was stock. The problem was that the guide flag was too shallow into the slot.

As a test, remove the front tires and run the car with just the bare wheels. If that temporarily fixes your issue, then keep reading...

I'm sure some have issue, while others not. I can offer 4 options that have all worked for me:

1. Easiest - Use a Frankenslot guide flag. It is an easy swap out for the stock one. I didn't care for this option simply because the car still sat way too high and the increased drag of the Frankenslot guide fried a chip...maybe bad luck?...I don't know.

2. Medium - Sand down the front tires to make them a smaller circumference, which will lower the guide flag in the slot. This took a lot of time as the stock Carrera tires like to get gummy / sticky when sanded.

3. Hard - Swap out the stock front bushings for offset bushings made by Slotting Plus (this requires pulling front axle apart, a little swearing, some luck to assemble straight). This worked much, much better than #1 & #2

4. Hardest - Install front adjustable axle blocks sold by Slot Car Corner and either re-install front disassembled axle or upgrade to Slot.it axle / wheels / zero grip tires. This was the best performance improvement by far!

I have a spare stock Ford GT chassis with the adjustable axle blocks already installed (as we went with 3d chassis option), which I could set up with a stock front axle for you, if you are interested in that. I've done a lot of working with the stock Carrera Ford GT chassis to solve this issue and make it competitive with the Corvette.

If you need help, send me a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts