SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I begin a thread or reply in 'full mode', I cannot select/type anything in the main message box. I can type a topic and description, but nothing in the main box. I can't even select it or get a cursor in there. I can also 'quick reply' with no issues.

I'm using Firefox 4 (but not right now - had to switch to IE to type this!)

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I had something very similar to this the other day. Eventually I realised I had toggled between the standard and rich text editor. For some reason the rich text editor doesn't seem to work properly in Firefox. Try clicking the button on the top left above the text box with two blue arrows in it to see if this is causing your issue. If you hover the mouse over the button the tooltip should be "Switch between standard and rich text editor".

·
Gary Skipp
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 23 May 2011, 21:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had something very similar to this the other day. Eventually I realised I had toggled between the standard and rich text editor. For some reason the rich text editor doesn't seem to work properly in Firefox. Try clicking the button on the top left above the text box with two blue arrows in it to see if this is causing your issue. If you hover the mouse over the button the tooltip should be "Switch between standard and rich text editor".

AH!

Top man. Works like a trooper

So, anyone else with this problem, this works!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't just me who had this head-banging problem. Doug sorted me out a while back but you wonder if there should be some sort of safety net or bloody big warning for this situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts