SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

In the raceclub (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1758318461146787/)I am in, we are quite many that now have the new slot.it SCP3 controller.

We are using the Scalextric C7042 controller with RCS64. And we are racing with Scalextric, Slot.it, NSR and BRM.

Because the Slot.it SCP3 controller now should support the SCP201e digital cartridge together with SSD with the new firmware to the SCP3 controller.

We have tried to run an race where we was using this SCP3 controller with the SCP201e digital cartridge firmware for SSD. And that was not an fun experience.

We had many problems.

The car we were using for this race:

It was an Scalextric car using standard chip.

RMS software:

We are using RCS64 as our RMS software, but we also tested without using the RMS software.

Below problems:

We was trying with the same car on the same track using standard Scalextric controller, and there we didn't have the same problems at all.

Problem without RMS software:

• The car suddenly change lane.
  • The car was still running even we did not gave it any power.
  • We could start the car using the minimum speed without using the power button.

Problem with RMS software (RCS64):

• The car suddenly change lane.
  • The car was still running even we did not gave it any power.
  • We could start the car using the minimum speed without using the power button.
  • It was very difficult to change function (change tire, refuel, repair) while the car was in the pit. We was using the arrow up button and then the power button. Normally with the RCS64 software you are using the change lane button to move between the different pit menu possibliitys.
  • The car could not drive in the pit lane. But when we was gave the car more minimum speed on the SCP3 controller, we could get it to run,
  • The car would not stop in the pit menu.

RMS software - problem:

Because we could race without any problems using the Standard Scalextric controller with the same car on the same track, it really don't think it is a RMS issue.

@Slot.it:

I really think that you have a firmware issue when using this SCP201e digital cartridge for SSD.

· Greg Gaub
17,631 Posts
@Slot.it:

I really think that you have a firmware issue when using this SCP201e digital cartridge for SSD.
Could be a bug in the cartridge, but most likely the bug is in the SCP3 firmware recently released to use that cartridge with that controller. The digital cartridge for SSD works just fine with an SCP1 or SCP2.

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
Sorry I didn't notice this thread any earlier. I have nothing against people asking for help on forums, but be aware that I cannot read all possible forums (fora?). If you need help, please at least send us email or I may not be able to answer.

They way Scalextric reads the information from the controller makes the readout prone to errors. I think anyone familiar with the protocol will agree...

We are checking whether we have to adjust the threshold of the various levels.

Anders can you send us email? Could it be that the dip switch on your cartridge are set up for a 5V version of the power base?

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I didn't notice this thread any earlier. I have nothing against people asking for help on forums, but be aware that I cannot read all possible forums (fora?). If you need help, please at least send us email or I may not be able to answer.

They way Scalextric reads the information from the controller makes the readout prone to errors. I think anyone familiar with the protocol will agree...

We are checking whether we have to adjust the threshold of the various levels.

Anders can you send us email? Could it be that the dip switch on your cartridge are set up for a 5V version of the power base?
Hi slot.it

No problem regarding not reading all fora :)

I will sent you an e-mail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.