SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The car chip knows mainly because he is "meant" to be the only car chip that has been powered up / looking for the pairing from the throttle in the last 10 seconds.

What happens I would "guess" is indeterminant. It is possible that neither or one of the car chips ends up pairing with the throttle, and also quite possible that both car chips end up paired. If two car chips are done separately they can be paired to the same controller. I would expect this to give problems under some circumstances if both were run on the track at the same time?

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
At any time when multiple cars are being programmed there is a risk that the wrong car is paired with a controller. If it is required to pair multiple cars & controllers you are best to either do them in sequence, or in different isolated rooms.

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
A1 I do not think that the controller is programmed to work with anything other than track 1 at the moment. Additional tracks will need a firmware upgrade.

A2 Yes in order to change a controller ID / Frequency you need to pair it with a car chip. The pairing process sends the ID & MAC to the car chip, which then stores this information. When the car chip acknowledgess reception the controller locks in the new ID.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts